What is a "acceptable ad" ?

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
Acceptable infection

What is a "acceptable ad" ?

Post by Acceptable infection »

I don't know any ad that's more "acceptable" than an acceptable blood-sucking mosquito, an acceptable leech or an acceptable AIDS infection.

Every intelligent being wants them as far away from themselves and ideally from this planet as possible, and that is all.

Now please stop the nonsense and just pass on the laws to give ad creators and ad spreaders the penalty of death once and for all, that humanity may be rid of this stupidity. Thank you.
apc0243

Re: What the hell is a "acceptable ad" ?

Post by apc0243 »

That's unfortunate that you feel this way. You are delivered a lot of content throughout the internet for an EXTREMELY low price (I pay 20$ a month for my internet). You can learn languages, stay up to date on current events, play free video games, connect with friends, and a myriad of other things. You seem to think that website developers are bloodsucking parasites, but I can assure you that we're all just regular people. We put incredible amounts of time into creating the content you enjoy. But there are absolutely many people who abuse the ability to advertise, and I definitely support stopping them from profiting off making my internet experience worse. But I don't hate advertisements, I like buying stuff and getting new things!

This is a wonderful compromise. Content creators are compensated for their efforts, you're delivered free content, and advertisers can still reach an audience. With smart advertising, we no longer need a shotgun approach of just throwing as many ads at a user at once. We can target the ads that matter, delivering a pleasurable and profitable experience for all groups - but up until now there's really been no way to regulate that. This is the PERFECT example of the private-public sector making the BEST compromise possible. Imagine if a country's government ried to implement regulations about internet advertising. It'd be a nightmare and no one would be happy. This is an incredible example of how we, as a social group of internet users, can group together and have a regulator effect on what we feel is socially irresponsible.

I applaud adblockplus, and I hope they continue with this! I hope to support them any way I can.

If you don't like ads, then pay for every website you go to, stop using the internet, or make your own content.
Masseytruth

Re: What the hell is a "acceptable ad" ?

Post by Masseytruth »

Adblock Plus exists to save its users from annoying ads. However, not all ads are bad, and the website owners need them to survive. Therefore, there are strict criteria to identify Acceptable Ads: unobtrusive ones that don't need to be blocked.