Clarification re acceptable ads

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
matbennett

Clarification re acceptable ads

Post by matbennett »

Can anyone help me with clarifying a point regarding acceptable ads? Do the requirements for acceptable ads have to apply to all users, or just those using ABP?

Assuming for a minute that a website owner could accurately spot an ABP enabled session. If they were then to only show "adblock plus acceptable" ads to ABP users, but others to non ABP users would that be a set-up that would allow them to be whitelisted?
mapx

Re: Clarification re acceptable ads

Post by mapx »

only the acceptable ads will be whitelisted.
Till
ABP CEO

Post by Till »

mapx is right, only ads that meet the criteria can be whitelisted. However, it is up to the websites to determine whether they want to show Acceptable Ads to everyone or just Adblock Plus users. Of course we are conviced that unobtrusive ads are better for everyone in the ecosystem, thats why we would always encourage websites to stop annoying all of their visitors.
matbennett

Post by matbennett »

Thanks for responses - that gives me some food for thought.

The idea isn't to "be nice to ABP users and bombard everyone else" btw - the site I am looking at is pretty close to ABPs acceptable ads standards anway. One of the requirements would make it difficult for them to sustain though, so we're looking at options that could help make everyone a bit happier.