GOOGLE, AMAZON, MICRSOFT PAYING TO REMOVE THIS ADBLOCKER

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
Blank

GOOGLE, AMAZON, MICRSOFT PAYING TO REMOVE THIS ADBLOCKER

Post by Blank »

Found a link on facebook that leads to anonHQ that explain that google, amazon, microsoft or maybe other big companies are paying huge amount of fees ($$$$) to get this chrome extension removed.

link to anonhq : http://anonhq.com/internet-titans-pay-dearly-pop-ads/

If this is true, DON'T DO IT!. I bet people would rather pay $5 monthly but no ads at all!

What do you all think about this? True? Or False?

Will this app start squeezing in some ads just for a few cash? or will they not.?
mapx

Re: GOOGLE, AMAZON, MICRSOFT PAYING TO REMOVE THIS ADBLOCKER

Post by mapx »

read
en/acceptable-ads

You can choose to support the sites viewing acceptable ads (non intrusive advertising) or block all of ads

If you want to block all ads in ABP for chrome:
-click ABP icon, options, "filter lists" tab, at the bottom uncheck "allow some non intrusive advertising".

more about acceptable ads and other discussions: forum/viewforum.php?f=17

at the bottom of the article you reported is written:
AnonHQ Team Note: If you are using Adblock Plus, please disable it for AnonHQ, and add an exception not to block ads on AnonHQ.com to support our team. Thank you very much.
well, ..., this site like many others needs money to survive. ABP is pushing the advertizers to use acceptable, non intrusive ads.
google, amazon, others are only the advertizers which provide the ads for 99% of all sites.
Guy Fawkes

Post by Guy Fawkes »

"Are you stupid? Nobody wants this!
The results of our user survey say something different..."

How many people DL and use ABP? Was it only 1584? Because that's all the people who responded (and I bet some of them work for the companies paying money for ads)! I can tell you it is at least 1585, because I did *NOT* reply to a time-wasting survey. If your product works I will download it and so will others. There's no need to change ANYTHING until people start complaining. Like we're doing now.
To whomever thought people who use a product like ABP will take the time to answer a survey: you're as dumb as the person who came up with the idea to take money to do the opposite of the right thing (we call them whores, and I personally wish hateful, terrible consequences on them as a result).
mapx

Post by mapx »

just uncheck "allow some non intrusive advertising" if you don't want to support whatever site