goha.ru Does adblock supposed to block non ad content?

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
Goha

Re: goha.ru Does adblock supposed to block non ad content?

Post by Goha »

Hi, I had long discussion with ruadlist.
I read very carefully en/acceptable-ads#criteria
I've seen the form for white listing request and tried to apply.

I have better understanding now. Thanks for all links and advises that you gave me.

Question:
Did I understood properly, and I can add our web site to white list, if I will show ads, described in the chapter "Which ads are "acceptable"?" (en/acceptable-ads#criteria), to adblock users?
This assume, that I will show all other kind of ads to users without adblock?

Is that right and I can white list my web site under these terms?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Your sites will be added to the whitelist only if all ads are acceptable.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
mapx

Post by mapx »

lewisje wrote:Your sites will be added to the whitelist only if all ads are acceptable.
I don't think so:
We have agreements with some websites and advertisers which stipulate that only advertising matching our criteria will be displayed when Adblock Plus users visit these particular sites. These ads will be unblocked, i.e. added to the Acceptable Ads exception list which is enabled per default.
Only the acceptable ads will be specifically added to that special list.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Sorry, I briefly thought that the list would whitelist site-by-site, not just individual ad URL patterns. :oops:
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.