Adblock or Google Ads?

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
Jack987

Adblock or Google Ads?

Post by Jack987 »

The traffic to my website has always been about the same. Google ads paid for the server bill and maybe some pizza.

Some of the payment history from Adesnse can be seen below

Since the rise in Adblock I'm lucky if I can even make that in a WHOLE YEAR. This is my recent payment and my current balance is £41.99. So going from around £80 a month to under £5.

My website is putting me in the red every month now. It's not a huge website, but it's something I enjoy doing.

Is this the effect of Adblock or do Google Ads just not pay out as much as they used to?
mapx

Re: Adblock or Google Ads?

Post by mapx »

You could apply for the acceptable ads
en/acceptable-ads
Jack987

Post by Jack987 »

mapx wrote:You could apply for the acceptable ads
en/acceptable-ads
I'm not a big fan of this criteria:

- Advertising should be clearly marked as such with the word "advertising" or its equivalent, and it should be distinguishable from page content, for instance via a border and/or different a background color.

It is distinguishable from page content but I do not want to label it as "Advertisement" as that results in the actual content being pushed down and having it pushed down due to the ad is bad enough.

To label it to match the normal headers it'll add about 60px to the height which defeats the whole objective of having non-invasive ads.
mapx

Post by mapx »

If you want you could contact directly the team (use the email address in the link bellow)
en/acceptable-ads#list
greiner
ABP Developer

Post by greiner »

Jack987 wrote:Is this the effect of Adblock or do Google Ads just not pay out as much as they used to?
That's difficult to determine. I'd suggest looking at some of the other metrics you're getting in the AdSense dashboard such as CPM, CTR and CPC. Generally, blocking ads should only influence the number of ad impressions. If, however, you see other metrics declining as well then the issue is more likely related to your visitors either not clicking on your ads or not converting as well.