Youtube and channels or networks

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
FaCkun

Youtube and channels or networks

Post by FaCkun »

Hi!

I think that its SO crucial that the app allow you to discriminate between channels or networks, because the difference of ads between chanels is SO huge. And if its possible (it would be better), i really would like to block certains networks, because they are responsible for the variation amount of ads between channels

thanks for reading
lewisje

Re: Youtube and channels or networks

Post by lewisje »

I remember that the way AdBlock (Michael Gundlach's extension, from getadblock.com) implemented it was by reading the page source and then refreshing with a new URL parameter called &channel=channelName so that you could turn off ads on that channel with a whitelist rule like ||youtube.com^*channel=channelName; it was slow and jarring to see the page refresh every time you followed a YouTube link, but that hack is still the best way to whitelist by channel without going out of scope for an ABP-style extension.

This feature actually frustrated me, because it wasn't until I looked deeply into the console that I learned that what was causing YouTube pages to refresh was AdBlock, so I unchecked that feature; I won't blame Eyeo if it declines to implement this or a similar hack to whitelist by channel or network.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.