Acceptable ads/whitelist questions regarding application

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
tanj92

Acceptable ads/whitelist questions regarding application

Post by tanj92 »

Can someone please confirm what information is needed for sites similar to Thought Catalog who have been whitelisted? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=34883

From what I can tell, this is how their site currently operates with ads (both non-text ads and text ads)
1. If ABP is not enabled, they will display regular ads (non text)
2. If ABP is enabled their mechanism/code will fire and display text ads

If I would like to do something similar, what kind of information should I include in the comments section in the application? Is there a standardized format we can follow to make things easy for your team?

If a page has 7 ads total but we only want to whitelist 2 ads, do we have to include the ad tags or ad slot IDs/names? Our IT tech is worried about releasing code onto production site (I'm sure this applies to other established sites too) so he wanted to trigger the displaying of text ads using the following method:

1. Check if ABP is enabled
2. If enabled and the URL parameter is added to the page containing the ads (e.g. ?adblock=1) fire the code/mechanism and display text ads
3. Display 'Advertisement' label to clearly mark ad

Thanks in advance.
mapx

Re: Acceptable ads/whitelist questions regarding application

Post by mapx »

follow the indications here:
acceptable-ads

there is also an email address if you want more or specific info
tanj92

Re: Acceptable ads/whitelist questions regarding application

Post by tanj92 »

mapx wrote:follow the indications here:
acceptable-ads

there is also an email address if you want more or specific info
Thanks, I've sent them an email. Have a great day.