What general characteristics should acceptable ads meet?

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
usemoslinux

What general characteristics should acceptable ads meet?

Post by usemoslinux »

This is precisely the question I am looking forward to answer as part of my MSc in Information Systems and Technologies, to be submitted to the University of Liverpool.

My main hypothesis is that the reasons why people block ads are not necessarily the opposite to the motivations that make ads attractive. When it comes to interact with ads, people are mainly attracted to their content. However, from my experience, those who block ads usually do not give much importance to the fact that the content of the ads they decided to block was irrelevant. In fact, they often mention other nuisances, like annoying formats (pop-ups, interstitials, bright colors, multimedia ads, excessive amount of ads, etc.) or technical issues (ads consume too much power or system resources).

In order to corroborate my hypothesis I would like to ask you to kindly spare some time to take the following survey, which seeks to identify different user reactions towards online advertising.

It will take only 5-10 mins of your time. Apart from helping me with my investigation I hope this survey will also allow you to have a better understanding of some of your online habits and build a more informed opinion about online advertising in general.

http://www.usemoslinux.com/survey

Your participation would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Paul
smed79

Re: What general characteristics should acceptable ads meet?

Post by smed79 »

Error: you have to enter your email address before being able to continue!

why my email is required ?
mapx

Re: What general characteristics should acceptable ads meet?

Post by mapx »

your e-mail address will be used as a way of ensuring this survey is completed only once per user