Twitch.tv || Disable AdBlock permanently for Twitch

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
eSparty

Twitch.tv || Disable AdBlock permanently for Twitch

Post by eSparty »

If you are patronizing streamers who use Twitch.tv as their platform, and disable adblock, then good for you, this doesn't really apply to you. For those who keep adblock enabled while watching twitch channels, you need to disable it. If you like a streamer, disable your adblock for twitch. Partnered streamers receive portions of the ad revenue generated from ads run on their channel. If you are using adblock on them, you're stealing from them. I would like ABP to auto whitelist twitch.tv, and disable the ability to block ads on this domain. Also, for other streaming platforms who use a similar model. If you want your favorite internet personalities to keep creating content, stop stealing from them.
fanboy

Re: Twitch.tv || Disable AdBlock permanently for Twitch

Post by fanboy »

Demanding doesn't get you what you want.
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

I use Chatty and Livestreamer, deal with it. 8)
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
JoVadar

Post by JoVadar »

I really don't get how using Adblock while watching Twitch is stealing from the Streamer?
The majority of streamers on there openly use adblocking services themselves and know all to well that revenue from ad's being run during viewing is being diminished.

This is why a majority of streamers opt for donations on stream or open up a Patreon account as the people who really want them to grow and succeed will donate and spend time doing this.

Any new streamer on twitch is knowingly going into it with a knowledge that technology to block adverts is available to nearly 90% of their viewership.

So coming here demanding it to be banned permanently is farcical as your talking on behalf of a community that you yourself don't understand very well at all...