Yahoo sponsored "news items"

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
SteveL

Yahoo sponsored "news items"

Post by SteveL »

While I am all for the "acceptable ads" program, the list allows some ads that I do not find acceptable, particularly the sponsored items at news.yahoo.com which are interleaved with actual news items. Currently I have disabled the acceptable ads whitelist to prevent these from showing up; is there an easy way for me to "unwhitelist" yahoo while still enabling other "acceptable" ads?
mapx

Re: Yahoo sponsored "news items"

Post by mapx »

only if you are using abp + firefox:

forum/viewtopic.php?p=144601#p144601
SteveL

Re: Yahoo sponsored "news items"

Post by SteveL »

Thanks; unfortunately I am using Chrome. Maybe in a future version of ABP a feature could be added that allows users to set the priority of rules, so that a rule can be "unexcluded". Or perhaps allow users to indicate which sites a particular rule list should not be applied to. I really think the Acceptable Ads program is fantastic, as it incentivizes sites to stick to the guidelines, while still allowing them to earn revenue, so am looking forward to reenabling it once I am able to add exceptions to it.