Facebook corporation lies & more ...

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
Umbral

Facebook corporation lies & more ...

Post by Umbral »

http://newsroom.fb.com/news/2016/08/a-n ... -blocking/
Some ad blocking companies accept money in exchange for showing ads that they previously blocked — a practice that is at best confusing to people and that reduces the funding needed to support the journalism and other free services that we enjoy on the web.
First i want to say that without Ad block Plus the huge corporation FB would have never changed anything !

The only acceptable ads are the ones that are not automated by machines, we are not machines, we don't like to be treated like machines.

Is it that hard for sites to simply use a small .jpg with a link and call that advertisement, with no pop-up or other crazy scripts ?

Big and small corporations will never stop. They are desperate to make even more money while treating everyone like shit. The only reason they want to change some things now is not because they care about you, but because they don't want to lose more money !
smed79

Re: Facebook corporation lies & more ...

Post by smed79 »

JoVadar

Re: Facebook corporation lies & more ...

Post by JoVadar »

I think for Facebook, they've seen a large decline in the amount of ad's been served by Marketers using Facebook advertising. Myself being one of them.

For the last 6-8 months I've noticed a the number of ad's being thrown up has diminished, which indicates to me people are not getting value for clicks or a good CPC (Cost per click).
Facebook has been ramping up their ad's platform for a while now, on Facebook pages you will see them pushing admins to boost posts for a fee, or keep hassling them to get more likes while in the background they are making it even harder for users to see your posts in the newsfeed. In some ways this has backfired which is why they are now pointing the finger at Ad blocking extensions.

For me when I run a Facebook ad I make them as user friendly as possible, as ideally people come to Facebook as they are bored not wanting to be bombarded by ad's they would expect to see in Google's sponsored search results.