Whitelisting from Publisher Viewpoint

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
lawrenceab

Whitelisting from Publisher Viewpoint

Post by lawrenceab »

Hi, I am new to this, and have had AdBlock Plus for a few months only. Ref. the acceptable ads initiative, I see Ben Williams gets quite a rough ride! I am not totally against. Smaller worthy websites may need support that ads give. Anyway you can block when you want. My Question (excuse if naïve) : if you allow the acceptable ads mode, does that suffice for accessing a website that otherwise blocks your access? eg. you want to read an article on some media site and you get a reproachful message that you cannot because you use ABP, and they need ads to survive blah blah etc... Does allowing acceptable ads satisfy websites generally from blocking you, or does the site require total whitelisting?
mapx

Re: Whitelisting from Publisher Viewpoint

Post by mapx »

Does allowing acceptable ads satisfy websites generally from blocking you, or does the site require total whitelisting?
usually the sites with anti adblocking messages / warnings are not using acceptable ads.
lawrenceab

Re: Whitelisting from Publisher Viewpoint

Post by lawrenceab »

thanks