superherohype.com

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
Mort

superherohype.com

Post by Mort »

I'm now getting multiple intrusive ads, some of which are adchoices, on superherohype.com for the past few weeks, with ad banners on pictures, banners appearing on the top and right of pages, and ad videos auto starting. I'm not seeing this problem on other websites, I've checked through my filter lists to ensure they're updated, and no other (obvious) intrusive software seems to have been installed. Is anyone else seeing this as a problem?
mapx

Re: superherohype.com

Post by mapx »

screenshots ? (use imgur.com, post here the links)

browser ? filter lists enabled ? ABP version ?
Mort

Post by Mort »

http://imgur.com/a/DWz8l samples of main page and one of the articles.

Using Chrome with Adblock Warning Removal List, EasyList, facebook news feed annoyances blocker, AakList (Anti-Adblock Killer), and Adware filters, with ABP 1.13.2.
mapx

Post by mapx »

I cannnot reproduce your issue (even enabling the acceptable ads)

1. check your filter lists ==> is easylist correctly enabled and downloaded without errors ? (see in options, filter lists)
2. disable "allow some non intrusive advertising", test again.
Mort

Post by Mort »

Ugh, must be something local that I can't find, then. Easylist seems to be updating fine (shows current date when I click the Update now), and had already tried unchecking the "Allow some non-intrusive advertising" box.
mapx

Post by mapx »

try the last dev build of ABP (it's what I use) - sure, you have to remove / disable the current ("stable") version
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ifjjdoepkn

could be the ads are showed on regional base ..
Mort

Post by Mort »

Grr, disabled the "stable" version, installed the dev one, and had also reset all Chrome settings, and still getting ads/banners. Reviewed extensions, OS apps... *le sigh*