Allow a PAGE on a Blocked Site

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.
Fat

Allow a PAGE on a Blocked Site

Post by Fat »

ive tried many times to search and ask ppl how to do this. for youtube or twitch. i only want to support certain PAGES on these Sites.
from what i remember, i used to be able to do this. i dont see the option anymore.
i see something in options/settings that looks like it s the right place to do what i want, but cant figure it out.
i see "My filter list" and there is some page i want there and dont know how it got there. "@@||twitch.tv/blablaa^$document"
if ppl have to type this out for each person they want to support.... there wont be much support.
ive also read the faq on this site where it tells how to do this, and the "Enable AdBlock on this page" button is nowhere to be seen
some help please.
and sorry if in the wrong forum. i didnt not see anything that matched this topic.
ty
lewisje

Re: Allow a PAGE on a Blocked Site

Post by lewisje »

AdBlock for Chrome had (maybe still has) a very ugly hack for doing this on YouTube: It would scan the video-page to determine the channel name, then refresh the page with a dummy parameter in the URL bar, so that a whitelist rule could target it.

Other than that, there is no way to whitelist video pages based on the channel, because the URLs of the video pages give no indication of what channel they come from.

(On Twitch, I believe most pages do include the broadcaster's username in their URLs, so they actually can be targeted by whitelist rules.)
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.