Google was crazy fast again

This is the place to discuss issues with the acceptable ads list like a website no longer complying with the criteria.

Google was crazy fast again

Postby phuongdvnt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:25 am

Let me start by saying I've used Adblock Plus for years, close to since inception. WIth the release of 2 and the added "allow some non-intrusive advertising" feature, I left it checked. For years this has been fine, but as of late, I'm noticing a slower and slower browsing experience.

Today, during some google and google map searches, I felt like I was on yellowpages.com, where the paid advertisements cover more screen than the search results. Map browsing was slowed a tremendous amount with the "blue" map locations that are ads related to your original search.

For the first time, I've gone in and disabled this feature. Once disabled, Google was crazy fast again.

My question is, what are the controls in place to prevent non-intrusive advertisers from modifying their advertisement methods once they've been added to the list?

I generally don't mind ads that aren't causing seizures and slowing down my browsing experience. But, it seems Google is doing a terrible job of keeping their ads fast. It seems the more logic they apply to generate targeted ads, the slower the experience becomes for us.

Is there anything to prevent the sins of one company on this list from ruining it for everyone playing by the rules?
phuongdvnt

Re: Google was crazy fast again

Postby Veronica24 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:59 pm

Yeah, I totally agree with you :D
I'm tired from such crazy fast Google.
It's more difficult for me to play my favourite games here ( if you want look at my profile)
Veronica24

Postby AliceColes » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:22 pm

I am in total agreement. Adblock fix it please! I think in nearest future Google will buy adblock and it will be an interesting cooperation)
AliceColes

Re:

Postby JasonBrock » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:26 pm

AliceColes wrote:I am in total agreement. Adblock fix it please! I think in nearest future Google will buy adblock and it will be an interesting cooperation)
That's true)
JasonBrock

Re: Google was crazy fast again

Postby Robinsog » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:56 pm

AdBlock is an advanced program, so they must collaborate with google
Robinsog

Return to Acceptable Ads discussion