- A company contacts Eyeo (meaning Till Faida currently) about inclusion.
- We get the technical details, run some checks and set up an agreement.
- The information is then posted in a moderated subforum here, for community discussion. We were thinking about a discussion period of one week, probably extended if there is a reason.
- If issues are found with this proposal then we communicate that back to the company and probably create a new proposal later. If there are no issues then the "non-intrusive ads" list is updated.
What information should be posted to the forum? I think that it is the following:
- Proposed filters to be added
- A link to a test page (multiple links if necessary to explain the filters)
- Advertising type (e.g. "text ads") and possible further restrictions as agreed on
- Additional technical information (e.g. redirects) if any
- Concerns if any
What feedback do we hope to get?
- Objective criteria by which the advertising cannot count as non-intrusive
- Technical concerns (e.g. whitelisting too much)
- Filter improvement proposals
The idea is to build up a list with such objective criteria (our current list is nowhere near complete or detailed enough) and that changes to that list will become extremely rare soon.
I want to create a first discussion topic soon so that we can test whether/how this works. Any comments on this process, issues, suggestions?