Safari Alert Window at start up

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
luxlamf333

Safari Alert Window at start up

Post by luxlamf333 »

Every time I open Safari I get the 'Adblock 1.1.1 not tested on this browser so will not load" window pop up. I check my ext and its not in there, I have downloaded Adblock and uninstalled it to make this go away and it will not. I have stopped using Safari now because your program has ruined it, How do I get rid of this alert window and Adblock 1.1.1?
snoack

Re: Safari Alert Window at start up

Post by snoack »

There never was a version 1.1.1 of Adblock Plus for Safari. Neither did we ever showed a popup containing a text like "not tested on this browser so will not load". Also note that the Safari extension API is a very restricted sandbox, which doesn't let you modify your browser or computer, in order to show messages like that even after the extension was uninstalled.

So you can be sure that this behavior isn't caused by Adblock Plus. However if you have any other extensions installed, you might want try to disable them too, in case one of them is responsible. Also you might want to check whether the homepage in Safari's settings is maybe set to a malicious website.