YouTube playback problem - plays next videp

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
Don Ottrack

YouTube playback problem - plays next videp

Post by Don Ottrack »

I don't know if this is related to ABP or not but as there have been a number of issues related to YouTube recently and this has just started, it is quite possible.

For some reason, when I now play a video on YouTube, when it reaches the end, it just starts playing the next video from the YouTube user. I check the URL each time and it is definitely not a playlist URL - it's a single video.

It's also quite possible that this has nothing to do with ABP but I have not changed any settings - at least not knowingly.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: YouTube playback problem - plays next videp

Post by MonztA »

Which version of ABP do you have?
Don Ottrack

Post by Don Ottrack »

I have 1.7.4.1124 but I think I may have discovered the cause - I returned to post about it so that I did not cause any unnecessary head scratching.

I have never seen it before but I noticed an 'Autoplay' button on one of the preview panes at the end of a video I was watching with a 10s countdown. I have no idea why this has suddenly appeared but as I am in the habit of doing other things whilst YouTube videos are playing, I hadn't noticed it before but it has definitely only started in the past four or five days. Maybe it's some YouTube setting which I have not seen before or maybe it's a new feature but having noticed it, I clicked on the countdown and it seems to have stopped.
Don Ottrack

Post by Don Ottrack »

I spoke to soon - it only lasted until the next video. I have no idea what is causing it - it could be ABP but equally, it might not be but it doesn't happen on Firefox with ABP.
Don Ottrack

Post by Don Ottrack »

I don't know why I didn't do this straight away but I tried disabling ABP on YouTube and it had no effect - so it's not an issue with ABP.
mapx

Post by mapx »

disable ABP and do some other tests
Don Ottrack

Post by Don Ottrack »

As I mentioned, disabling ABP had no effect on this so it's safe to say that it is not caused by ABP.

However, it has suddenly stopped of its own accord and another weird behaviour started on YouTube and then stopped a few hours later - so I suspect that YouTube are experimenting on me!