[fixed] ABP 1170 ==> ABP blocks the full legitimate website

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
gsalisi

[fixed] ABP 1170 ==> ABP blocks the full legitimate website

Post by gsalisi »

As of today, I cannot open legitimate websites such as gmail and others when the extension is active on my safari browser.
mapx

Re: AdBlock Plus blocks the full legitimate website

Post by mapx »

what version of ABP are you using ?
Safari version ?
filter lists ?
Are you using custom filters ?
Douglas Penman

Post by Douglas Penman »

I am also having the same problem, also as of today (that is, it was working without any problems last night). The problem appears to be affecting all sites, and results in completely blank pages being loaded. The problem does not affect the first page visited (which loads fine, regardless of which page I choose to visit first), but does affect all subsequent pages (which load blank, regardless of the page). Quitting Safari and restarting does not solve the problem (the first page visited loads fine, every page after that loads blank).

Edited to add - disabling ABP fixes the problem, re-enabling it brings the problem back.
Edited again to add - after further investigation it seems that some sites are unaffected. www.amazon.co.uk and maps.google.com load without any problems, while www.apple.com www.youtube.com and mail.google.com do not.

In answer to the above questions:

ABP: 1.7.4.1170
Safari: 7.0.3 (9537.75.14)
Filterlist: Adblock Warning Removal List (not enabled), EasyList (enabled)
No custom filters, no whitelisted domains
george

Post by george »

I'm having the same problem starting today.
mapx

Post by mapx »

reported on the issue tracker
https://issues.adblockplus.org/ticket/419

you could add other comments there
snoack

Post by snoack »

I can not reproduce it with Adblock Plus 1.7.4.1170 and Safari 7.0.3.

Please first try to uninstall and install Adblock Plus for Safari again from the official website.

If that doesn't help, please try following older builds and let me know whether they are also broken for you?
Please disable automatic extension updates before, to make sure that you aren't automatically updated to the latest version.

https://downloads.adblockplus.org/devbu ... safariextz
https://downloads.adblockplus.org/devbu ... safariextz
Last edited by snoack on Sat May 03, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnth

Post by Johnth »

Same problem for me. Solved by uninstalling adblock installed from dedicated website and reinstalling it from apple safari extensions page
Perak

Post by Perak »

Can confirm this problem. v1170, Safari 7.0.3, OS X 10.9.2.

Started for me yesterday. I reinstalled v1170 from the official site, and all seemed well. But it began again this morning when I started up Safari.

I again reinstalled v1170 from the official site, but that didn't work this time. Would load the first page, then all others blank, though the code was downloaded.

Rebooted the Mac, ran permissions repair, etc., to no avail.

Downloaded and installed v1165 as recommended here, and all seems well for now.

Hope this info helps.
Isitmoist

Post by Isitmoist »

Having the same issue as of today, installing an older version fixed it for me.
The older version didn't come with the EasyPrivacy, social blocking list etc. included, but it still works fine after adding those manually.
Yamato

Post by Yamato »

Same issue. It was working fine with the most recent version of adblock and then starting blocking everything. Adblock Plus 1.7.4.1170 and Safari 6.1.3
Yamato

Post by Yamato »

I should mention that I have no custom filters, and it just shows the pages blank. Going to something like rainymood.com still has sound that plays. The pages are completely loaded but it does not show anything.
mapx

Post by mapx »

if you are using some antivirus (like sophos) could you temporary disable it and re-test ? (could be your antivirus identifies ABP as a threat)
jbaugh

Post by jbaugh »

Same problem here. Suddenly Safari will not display any pages as long as Adblock Plus is active. It worked yesterday. Stopped working this AM. I've made no changes to my computer or to Safari additions.
John

Post by Guest »

Perak wrote:Can confirm this problem. v1170, Safari 7.0.3, OS X 10.9.2.

Started for me yesterday. I reinstalled v1170 from the official site, and all seemed well. But it began again this morning when I started up Safari.

I again reinstalled v1170 from the official site, but that didn't work this time. Would load the first page, then all others blank, though the code was downloaded.

Rebooted the Mac, ran permissions repair, etc., to no avail.

Downloaded and installed v1165 as recommended here, and all seems well for now.

Hope this info helps.
This has been exactly my experience as well. version 1165 restored page loading in Safari.
John
Perak

Post by Perak »

mapx wrote:if you are using some antivirus (like sophos) could you temporary disable it and re-test ? (could be your antivirus identifies ABP as a threat)
Not running any antivirus software.