[fixed] ABP 1170 ==> ABP blocks the full legitimate website

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
hkhkhk

Re: AdBlock Plus blocks the full legitimate website

Post by hkhkhk »

Same happens! The all white blank page happened over-night. I am on 10.9.2, ABPlus ver. 1.7.4.1170. Only google was accessible without ABP disabled.
academe

Post by academe »

I've been having the same problem on 10.9.2, Safari 7.0.3, since early this morning (May 3). I disabled ABPlus and all was well.
awaywith_adds

Post by awaywith_adds »

As of May 3rd in the evening, I had exactly the same problem. AdBlock efficiently blocked all websites and all their contents.
Clearing cache from Safari, I could get the opening page once, and after that NOTHING.
Ok. everything is mainly full of ads, but I need to be able to use my computer.
On Safari 6.1.3 and OS 10.7.5
So what should I do…?
Mr. CandyFace

Post by Mr. CandyFace »

I'm having the same problem, even this forum is blocked when Adblock PLUS is enabled. I don't have any AV installed and like the others it started yesterday. I've just tried to reinstall the extension but there's no change, it still blocks everything.
using latest version of adblock plus - 1170.
Safari 7.0.3
Mac OSX 10.9.2
hh henstedt

Post by hh henstedt »

I am having the same problem!
casse89

Post by casse89 »

Hi,
same problem here since yesterday May 3: only google page is shown always, other pages are loaded but they appear blank.

Mac OS X 10.9.2
Safari 7.0.3
Adblock Plus 1.7.4.1170 for Safari

No Antivirus, only Os X built in Firewall On.
Hope this is fixed soon,
cheers
c
Sbrocket

Post by Sbrocket »

Just ran into this same issue today, narrowed it down to Adblock Plus by progressively disabling Safari extensions. Haven't updated anything in the Adblock Plus settings lately. I'm just using the default lists, nothing custom. I also tried disabling all filter lists but the issue still appears, which would seem to indicate an issue with the add-on itself (or some other setting) and not a filter list itself. ABP also does not indicate through its icon that it is blocking anything, even though the page does not load correctly.

OS X 10.9.2 (Build 13C1021)
Safari 7.0.3 (9537.75.14)
Adblock Plus 1.7.4.1170

There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to the sites that it blocks. I tried going to a variety of sites and most were blocked. Sometimes a page would load once and then stop loading.
Sbrocket

Post by Sbrocket »

Perhaps I should take back my earlier statement. I just tried going through and disabling filters again, and this time disabling EasyList seems to have issued the symptoms. Perhaps it is a filter issue?
alexjuuhh

Post by alexjuuhh »

I had the same problem, but just like Sbrocket, after disabling the EasyList filter everything works again.
heavyweapons

Post by heavyweapons »

I have this problem too. Google loads fine for some reason.
heavyweapons

Post by heavyweapons »

Going to the options and updating the lists seems to have solved the problem
SK

Post by SK »

The same issue started for me last night.

I thought it was a few different extensions, but pinpointed it to Adblock Plus. When I disabled it everything finally worked.

Updating lists doesn't do anything for me, but disabling EasyList solved it completely.

OS X 10.9.2
Safari 7.0.3
Adblock Plus 1.7.4.1170
lionelg

Post by lionelg »

I had the same problem. Unistalling AB 1.7.4.1170 and reinstalling the SAME VERSION has cleared it up for now.
noobcphdk

Post by noobcphdk »

suddenly - without restarting osx nor standby - started having this issue today sunday 4th of may 2014. facebook, google and most websites wont open at all, blank page shown on safari 7.0
nmasse

Post by nmasse »

Same issue for me: blank pages started to appear on saturday, may 3rd.