blocks EVERYTHING!!

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
jbowkowy

blocks EVERYTHING!!

Post by jbowkowy »

Suddenly in the middle of browsing, Adblock chose to go full retard on me. It has started blocking everything. No matter what site I go to every single thing is blocked and I am left with a white screen. The content sometimes pops up briefly (less than a second) and goes white. I found the solution on a apple discussion thread and found this answer:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23737440#23737440

Kaboom_RK Los Angeles
Re: Websites suddenly going blank
May 2, 2014 4:41 PM (in response to hibhaven)
This happened to me just now. Everything started to show a blank white page. It doesn't load at all. After 15 minutes of changing settings/restarting, still nothing works.

Finally I figured out the culprit behind all of it. It was the obnoxious ADBLOCKER PRO that I installed weeks ago. I thought it was useful to block ads on YouTube. However it started to block every page due to some technical difficulites. So I disabled it and it finally works! Hope this applies to some of you who are having difficulties.

Now I would never call Adblock Pro obnoxious. But if this is not fixed it is useless. Any input would be great.
mapx

Re: blocks EVERYTHING!!

Post by mapx »

adblock plus or adblock pro ? which version ?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Same problem here... When I disable Adblock Plus everything works fine. I enable it, reload a page (doesn't matter which one) and Safari is only showing a white page. Really annoying. Please fix it asap.
mapx

Post by mapx »