block specific ads/ad companies

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
adh8tr

block specific ads/ad companies

Post by adh8tr »

I was curious to know if there is a way to blocks specific ads or advertising companies. One in particular, which I have a special hatred for is AdChoices. Despite my username (it was the easiest one I could think of on short notice), I actually don't mind supporting many of the websites I visit by viewing or clicking on their ads. However, I get very infuriated reading ads that have sensationalist, attention-getting captions. Such as; "You won't believe...", "Don't... until you read this" and "You won't believe this simple trick to pay off your mortgage...". I'm smart enough not to purposely visit these websites because I am certain they are designed for gullible people who easily give up information and/or money. Unfortunately, accidental clicks do occur, So I would like to be able to Block specific ad companies. If this does not exist and the folks at ABP are reading, it would be wonderful if they could include this as a feature and one that also allows me to block ads with specific wording. I know, I ask a lot.

Does anybody have any input?

This is my first post, so I would like to take this opportunity to tell the folks at ABP, thank you for everything you do.
lewisje

Re: block specific ads/ad companies

Post by lewisje »

ABP rules cannot block ads "by company" or "by wording" but only by URL pattern and context, and EasyList does a good job of blocking most AdChoices ads.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Marmona

Re: block specific ads/ad companies

Post by Marmona »

Hi. You can block specific Ad - Advertising- companies. For example, with adblock add.on from Firefox. But you must get rid of AdChoices Plug in Virus on your Computer. Every time you open a Site it appears. So, you have it in your PC System. Which browser - is not importanat. You can get this Virus with firefox, yahoo, chrome..... Read about adchoices hier: scarybearsoftware . com / news / adchoices / . You can use ADW Cleaner from Xploid or Malwarebytes Antimalware to remove it. This programs are save and free. I have tested them myself.