websites detect ABP, don't display pages

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
dagnyg

websites detect ABP, don't display pages

Post by dagnyg »

I am seeing web sites (wired.com, forbes.com) that detect I am running ABP and then refuse to display content pages. How do I cloak or hide this browser extension from sites? Using Safari 9.0.3 OS X 10.10.5 :(
lewisje

Re: websites detect ABP, don't display pages

Post by lewisje »

What they detect is that some content was blocked or hidden, then they infer you're using an ad-blocker; what we need to do, on a case-by-case basis, is figure out how to defeat each specific anti-adblock measure (maybe by blocking a ready-made script, or unblocking a dummy script, or unhiding a test element), because there is no general solution.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
mapx

Post by mapx »

wired

Code: Select all

@@||$xmlhttprequest,script,domain=wired.com
||outbrain.com^
wired.com###around-the-web
forbes
forum/viewtopic.php?p=149487#p149487
dagnyg

Post by dagnyg »

I added the wired.com filter, the forbes filter gave a syntax error which I posted in that thread.

Perhaps we need a list of these type of filters that ABP users can subscribe to?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

dagnyg wrote:I added the wired.com filter, the forbes filter gave a syntax error which I posted in that thread.

Perhaps we need a list of these type of filters that ABP users can subscribe to?
Some of these might be added to EasyList, and others might be added to the Adblock Warning Removal List.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
Syze00

Post by Syze00 »

I'm not sure how to deal with wired.com
I've whitelisted them, turned ABP off on the site completely and the "We get it, adblockers are cool and all but..." still pops up. Can anyone give me a specific element to block in the console since what they asked me to do doesn't work?
Windows 7, Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87
mapx

Post by mapx »

Did you add the filters I provided above ?
babacks

Post by babacks »

I am seeing a new blockadblock.com feature blocking the MacDailynews.com site to load when ABP is active. Has anyone experienced this and is there a filter that is available to get this to work correctly ?

Using Safari 9.1 on OS X 10.11.4 and ABP 1.11

Any help is appreciated.
mapx

Post by mapx »

see
https://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?p=91907#p91907

for all other filter issues use directly that forum (easylist support forum)