Safari Technology Preview unable to add subscription

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
halrepublic

Safari Technology Preview unable to add subscription

Post by halrepublic »

The Adblock Plus version number, 1.11
The browser and browser version number, Safari Technology Preview, Version 9.1.1 (11601.6.10, 11602.1.25)
The computer operating system, El Capitan 10.11.4
All relevant configuration details, none, freshly installed
The exact description of what happens and what you think is wrong : After installation of the ABP, I was not able to add any subscription. I tried Extension Gallery version and website version, neither of them worked.

snoack

Re: Safari Technology Preview unable to add subscription

Post by snoack »

Can you please also post a screenshot of the JavaScript console (Cmd + Opt + C) showing any errors?
Also, can you confirm whether that is also happening with Adblock Plus 1.10.2?
bsolar

Post by bsolar »

I have the same problem. The console doesn't show anything at all and I was unable to manually install any version of the extension: only installing from the official extension gallery works and that installs version 1.11.
snoack

Post by snoack »

I was just able to reproduce a similar issue on Safari 9.0.3. When I installed Adblock Plus from the Gallery homepage, Adblock Plus didn't initilize, hence the first run page didn't show and no subscriptions were added. Though adding the subscriptions manually from the options page worked for me. I could reproduce it for a while, when uninstalling Adblock Plus, and going back to the Gallery, but not anymore. Also, even while I could reproduce it, it only happened when installing Adblock Plus from the Gallery homepage, not when installing it from the Adblock Plus Gallery page or from the Adblock Plus website.
snoack

Post by snoack »

We were eventually able to reproduce the issue more reliably. While it's not clear what caused that issue, it seems that it doesn't happen with the current development build. So the issue would be fixed with the next release.