Badge color, blue? green?

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
tallrob

Badge color, blue? green?

Post by tallrob »

Little request to fix a growing annoyance...

The "red badge" is increasingly becoming an attention grabber as our phones and computers are overwhelming us with notifications. I don't know about everyone else, but when I see a red badge, I'm compelled to click to find out what the app wants, and ultimately to get rid of the badge. In short, red badge = notification and therefore the eye is drawn to it in a "ready for action" sort of way.

Since ABP is merely showing the number of ads blocked, which is a good thing, but not something that requires an action on the part of the user, can you please change the color to something other than red? How about green? I know stop signs are red, but the logo is already a stop sign, so how about a "now the ads are blocked, green light for annoyance-free browsing" approach?

Thanks so much!
lewisje

Re: Badge color, blue? green?

Post by lewisje »

They might be limited in the number of states they can show (I know, for example, that the icon in ABP for Firefox was once green if the current page was whitelisted, but they abandoned that long ago).
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.