Problem with YouTube in Safari

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
Izzy_Dixie

Problem with YouTube in Safari

Post by Izzy_Dixie »

Hey guys, I've been having this problem with watching YouTube lately, and I've been able to pinpoint the problem down to Adblock Plus.

Picture this, I'm watching a couple of videos, clicking through to suggested videos on the side. When I want to go back to the previous page in Safari, however, it brings me back to the previous website or Top Sites, outside of YouTube. So say I'm browsing Reddit and then move to Youtube, watch a couple of videos. The moment I press the previous page or swipe to the previous page it directs me straight back to Reddit instead of bringing me back to the previous page or video.

Again, ABP in combination with Safari is the problem here, as it works fine in Chrome or in a Private window in Safari. Do you guys know how to fix this?
Stormchaser

Re: Problem with YouTube in Safari

Post by Stormchaser »

I am having the same issue and it is frustrating. I do not have a fix, but I do know that it is intact ABP. I did just tried unchecking "Allow some non-obtrusive ads" and it's even worse, as now after you click to watch a video, you cannot even go back to the previous page. It completely grays out the "back" button on the browser. I will probably just use private browsing until this is fixed.
Jacie950

Post by Jacie950 »

Same problem here. Please fix this!
benjamin2

Post by benjamin2 »

a very annoying problem, I still do not know how to solve, need some help
jojo29

Post by jojo29 »

I HAVE A FIX