Something has changed, not sure what

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
Hcaroselli

Something has changed, not sure what

Post by Hcaroselli »

I am using an iMac, MAC OS Sierra 10.12.4, Safari 10.1. MSN.com is my home page and I consider it to be horrible but I am not sure what else to use. For Safari I use Adblock Plus 1.12.4, Adblock 2.62.0 and Ghostery 5.4.10. Until just a few days ago this setup was working fine as far as blocking ads. A few days ago this changed. The MSN.com home page seems to ad free but when I link to any news article or other type of page it seems like the ad blockers quit working altogether. This seems to be happening only in Safari. When I use Firefox the ad blockers seem to be working fine. I know there are many software components to this problem and I am wondering if anyone has ideas as to what caused this happen so suddenly I will appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.
mapx

Re: Something has changed, not sure what

Post by mapx »

Very wrong keeping 3 blocking extensions: enough keeping ABP (or the other adblocker).
Hcaroselli

Post by Hcaroselli »

As I said this combination worked fine until about 1 week ago and it still works fine in Firefox. I will try uninstalling both ad blockers and then try using only 1 to see if that helps.
Hcaroselli

Post by Hcaroselli »

I tried turning off AdBlock and using only Adblock Plus - no change.

Turned off Adblock Plus and turned on Ad Block - no change.

Doesn't seem to matter if I am using 1 or 2 or 3 ad blockers.

Thanks for the suggestions.