Safari 11 glitches - youtube and amazon

Everything about using Adblock Plus on Safari
commanderclif

Safari 11 glitches - youtube and amazon

Post by commanderclif »

I actually used the other "Adblock" for many years but started having some issues with it not working when 11 came out and switched to try Adblock Plus and prefer it now. However, I've noticed two significant sites that are glitching while running Adblock Plus.

First off youtube.com with ABP running
Scrolling the left bar where subscriptions/history are listed basically doesn't work.
Clicking a channel, the channels home page loads slow, a bit glitchy.
Clicking the videos tab for the channel is also very slow and glitchy to load
Clicking a video to play sometimes just has audio play with black screen, other times has several freezes at the beginning which aren't buffering issues, or playback will freeze if the page is scrolled.
Turning off ABP fixes all these issues in testing

Amazon.com with ABP running
the LOOK INSIDE feature doesn't work for me. Sometimes the whole page locks up, even beach balling
hovering over product images don't show the hover enlarge
trying to click "customer images" lock everything up and image never opens
even trying to close the tab becomes problematic, its locked up for a bit and can eventually close
Turning off ABP fixes all these issues in testing

Would love to hear the thoughts of the ABP community as I don't want to go back to AB!
Kylan

Re: Safari 11 glitches - youtube and amazon

Post by Kylan »

I noticed another issue with YouTube that happens with both AB and ABP (thought it was just ABP, but when I switched to AB the problem is there too):

Hitting the back button or scrolling to the right with two fingers (to go back), YouTube reloads the entire page. It's extremely annoying. The problem is absent when ABP is disabled. The problem does not occur on Chrome. Has anyone else noticed this?