Ad Block Plus not working on cwtv.com

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
marye604

Re: Ad Block Plus not working on cwtv.com

Post by marye604 »

Ad block not working again on the cw. I have added all previous filters and they worked for a while but it is now being detected again
mapx

Post by mapx »

I tested again chrome / firefox, adding (no other custom filter for cwtv ! )

Code: Select all

@@||pubads.g.doubleclick.net^$xmlhttprequest,domain=cwtv.com
and it's working fine. Disable all other blocking stuff (ghostery, disconnect, anti banner etc)
ramax

Post by ramax »

Cannot say enough time the thank yous to mapx for the help with these filter adds! With the other three this new one, indeed, works on my FF as well. Thank you!
despuy

Post by despuy »

Why do they change it all the time??
All they do is make people investigate the problem and understand how to fix this by themselfs from examples.

And thanks mapx, you are the best :D
wendylondon

Post by wendylondon »

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem watching The Originals on Chrome, with the same message to stop using the ad blocker. That said I'm uncertain how to you the fix posted, I simply clicked on it. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.
mapx

Post by mapx »

wendylondon wrote:Hi, I am experiencing the same problem watching The Originals on Chrome, with the same message to stop using the ad blocker. That said I'm uncertain how to you the fix posted, I simply clicked on it. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.
add the filter above as custom filter:

firefox:
click abp icon, filter preferences, "custom filters" tab, if you dont see any filters group create 1, then paste the filters above in the right panel (if you dont see the panel drag the vertical pointed line on the right to the left)

chrome:
chrome: click abp icon, options, "add your own filters" tab, add the filters 1 by 1
Co2sc

Re: Ad Block Plus not allowing cwtv.com to play shows.

Post by Co2sc »

What do I need to type in the filter list to play all CWTV.com shows? I have Google Chrome.
mapx

Re: Ad Block Plus not allowing cwtv.com to play shows.

Post by mapx »

Co2sc wrote:What do I need to type in the filter list to play all CWTV.com shows? I have Google Chrome.
add the filter above and then test all the shows you want. If you get a not playable show report it here providing the link to some episode.
mapx

Post by mapx »

add

Code: Select all

||cloudfront.net/wb.js$domain=cwtv.com
Donimic

Post by Donimic »

Looking to bypass their addblock detection. Trying to watch the arrow/supernatural/theorigionals. Anyone have a working filter?

I noticed that the filter listed above works for firefox but i cant get it to work for chrome. is this a common occurrence?
mapx

Post by mapx »

@Donimic,

I tested again in chrome, it's working fine with the filter above (and easylist)
I tested this 1: http://cwtv.com/shows/arrow/?play=7463e ... c076262b7b

Did you try disabling all other extensions ? keep only adblock plus (be sure you are not using some other adblocker)
anny456789

Post by anny456789 »

I have removed the extension all together and it still will not work on the cwtv site.

It doesn't matter what show or filters, to include the one above I still get the same error message. What I don't understand is how can I still get the error message even when no blocker is even installed, much less enable.
mapx

Post by mapx »

anny456789 wrote:I have removed the extension all together and it still will not work on the cwtv site.
-probably you have other blocking add-ons. Disable all them, keep only ABP and test again.
-still happens ==> reset your browser (see how-to in my signature) and reinstall ABP.
Xarvius

Post by Xarvius »

Seems to be not working again on the newest episode of The Flash. New filter please?

DirtySocrates

Post by DirtySocrates »

I'm having the same issue. They must have changed where they pull their ads from! Please help! I don't have the time or will to watch crappy commercials! SAVE US! And is there still no tutorial on how to make the filters yourself? I don't have much web coding experience but would love to learn more about how to write some filters for adblock.

Thanks again for all you have done so far. You are a life saver! :D