New "ad bar" above my Yahoo! mail list can't be blocked

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
MonztA
ABP Developer

Re: New "ad bar" above my Yahoo! mail list can't be blocked

Post by MonztA »

Easypost wrote:But can someone tell me if ##div.fill filter will break other web-sites? Isn't there a way to make it specific to Yahoo? Thanks.
Very likely yes. You should cange it to this:

Code: Select all

mail.yahoo.com##div.fill
Easypost

Post by Easypost »

That works, thanks. I was getting really tired of the "Silent Journey - Learn Meditation" ad. Something about my emails makes them think I need to meditate. I've already seen that same ad twenty times today. That's what I hate about ads: the repetitiveness. It's something about the repetitiveness that bothers me. If it wasn't for the repetitiveness it wouldn't bother me. They are just so darn repetitive.
Teccy

Post by Teccy »

MonztA wrote:
Easypost wrote:But can someone tell me if ##div.fill filter will break other web-sites? Isn't there a way to make it specific to Yahoo? Thanks.
Very likely yes. You should cange it to this:

mail.yahoo.com##div.fill
Works perfectly, thank you so much!
MW

Post by MW »

mail.yahoo.com##div.fill
does not work for me

however this works for me

mail.yahoo.com#DIV(id=slot_MB)
MW

Post by MW »

MW wrote:

mail.yahoo.com##div.fill
does not work for me

however this works for me

mail.yahoo.com#DIV(id=slot_MB)

i should have indicated when using full featured version
nate

Post by nate »

I just found out why I got the same add on top of all my mails right next to the inbox bar. After I install "Dropbox" add-on for Yahoo mail, the add shows up. This is the first time I see the add. And I don't know how to get rid of it. Does anyone knows how to remove this annoyance?
seancho

Post by seancho »

Those ads are super-obnoxious. If they weren't blockable, that would be the last straw for Yahoo Mail. I didn't know that ABP could block page elements so I got rid of all the ads in Firefox with a little custom CSS. Got rid if the Yahoo logo too, since they pissed me off. Try this in your userContent.css file

#masSearchAd {
display:none;
}

#slot_MLFT{
display:none;
}

#yucs-logo{
display: none;
}

#yucs-top-bar{
display: none;
}
c627627

Post by c627627 »

Original poster, would you please edit post #1 and post this there:

1. Install Adblock Plus Firefox add-on: en/firefox

2. Firefox > Tools > Add-ons > [next to Adblock Plus] Options > Filter preferences... > Add filter > mail.yahoo.com#DIV(id=slot_MB) > Add filter > mail.yahoo.com##div.fill > Close

3. Restart Firefox
Rune Sommer

Post by Rune Sommer »

Webmail Adblocker does the trick for Chrome. My ad is on the right hand side, and this app removes it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jakdggkkjp
AK2000

Post by AK2000 »

Rune Sommer wrote:Webmail Adblocker does the trick for Chrome. My ad is on the right hand side, and this app removes it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jakdggkkjp

Thanks, Rune Sommer!! I'm also using Chrome and noticed that my Yahoo mail changed to a new look today. It's not too bad, but the sidebar ads are obnoxious and annoying as hell! Webmail Adblocker works like a charm! 8)
Chrisb

Post by Chrisb »

what's the trick for the ad above the inbox (and search outputs and everything else)? Adblocker doesn't seem to address that.
SOLVED!!

Post by SOLVED!! »

I figured out how to resolve the issue.

Click on the ABP icon in your browser and then go to "options". You will then need to make sure you are on the "filter lists" tab. At the bottom of this tab you need to un-check the box next to "Allow some non-intrusive advertising". Refresh Yahoo! page. Done.
mackerman

Post by mackerman »

Thanks for the last tip about disabling the non intrusive ads, it sure worked for me!
nyeray

Post by nyeray »

I think if we all changed our email to another one and stopped using yahoo,they would get the message that we dont want this rude annoying addition. The adds down the side was quite enough. Yahoo you stink. lets have a revolution. stop using yahoo.
newmediause

Post by newmediause »

The new ad bar is indeed intrusive, irritating and initiates a desire to avoid all companies conducting such a practice - as I have indicated to several. Yahoo! is becoming expensive to use - its multiple movie - type advertising and now ad bars use up a limited byte quota. I am not against advertising (I teach good practice marketing). One response may be to switch to icloud.