Thank you so much. The filter works for me (@@||pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/ads?*rule*$object-subrequest,domain=cbs.com )
Try this if the filter does not work for you:
1. I have no other CBS custom filters
2. I use Ghostery plugin along side ABP to block everything. However this filter won't work unless TWO things are enable in Ghostery: A) Conviva - a video player B) DoubleClick - google's ads. Without enabling both either the player won't show up (so no messages) or you get the red message about "unable to load ad" (only when DoubleClick is blocked). If you enable the two and add the filter, things should work without ads.
If that still does not work then you need to check Adobe Flash Global Storage Settings panel ( http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger03.html
). For some websites (like comedy central, CNN, CBS, etc), the "Allow third-part flash content to ...." must be checked for the flash player to work (when you check the box, make sure to just refresh the page to save your work and then go to CBS and refresh the page too). Allowing third-party flash content means that third party content providers can track you as you move from one website that has flash to another that has flash too (if CNN and CBS use the same content provider, say X, then X can provide CBS with information about you (the so called analytics such as that you might be a female based on articles you browse on CNN etc). So to protect my privacy, I do this:
- book mark the Adobe Global settings website
- keep the box UN-checked at all times, change the storage limit to "None" and check "never ask again" (otherwise, you get message on flash player on some sites).
- before I visit CBS to watch Colbert's show, I just go to this bookmarked Adobe settings page and check the box, refresh it.
- go to CBS and watch the show
- Once I'm done with the show, I go back to adobe page to uncheck the box,
- and then (VERY IMPORTANT) clear the tracking data stored on my machine by CBS/flash: just click on the panel that have a folder icon with green arrow (it's second to last and called "Website Storage Settings") and click "delete all sites".
Hope that helps.