comedynetwork.ca videos doesn't work now

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
negativeions

comedynetwork.ca videos doesn't work now

Post by negativeions »

I don't know what the problem is but trying to watch streaming content (i.e. colbert report) at comedynetwork.ca is ok initially, but after the break the video won't load. Once I disable adblock plus for the site, the video loads after the breaks. ff28, abp 2.5.1
hezz

Re: comedynetwork.ca videos doesn't work now

Post by hezz »

I have the same issue. ComedyNetwork.ca recently redid their video system. Instead of the episodes being broken into 4 separate chunks, with ads in between (which AdBlock use to block fine), the episodes are now in one segment. However, within that segment they have little "white tick marks" where an ad shows before the episode continues. AdBlock can't seem to block that ad and move to the next portion.
hezz

Post by hezz »

Sorry, here is a link to show what I mean:

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/video/player?vid=327749
jon33

Post by jon33 »

yes, having this same problem. Which sucks because it worked fine before with the old video player.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

Does it work if you update EasyList manually?
mister.marmot

Post by mister.marmot »

Yeah, I'm having a similar problem.

AdBlockPlus, AdBlock, Ghostery and Disconnect all running but the commercials are still getting through on cc.com (specifically thedailyshow.cc.com).

They seem to have adopted the same technology that Hulu uses to avoid all the current products ad blocking. Only option I have left on Hulu is HuluMute but there is no equivalent product for Comedy Central.

I wonder if eliminating Flash and trying to force the website to use HTML 5 would help?

Also, maybe it's a coincidence, but this didn't happen on Iron Chromium version 28. I let Portable Apps Platform upgrade my Iron version to 33 last week and now the adverts are getting through.
I'll try going backwards and see if it makes a difference. I'm stuck with Chromium because an especially nice extension called Tabs Outliner saves all my old tabs states and lets me come back to where I was. SOOOOOO much better than any bookmark implementation.
mister.marmot

Problems are gone

Post by mister.marmot »

After going through the process of removing Flash completely and replacing it with version 11.7 all the problems are gone.

I'm convinced the issues are with Adobe Flash version 13 and they seem to be intentional 'features' to make it easier for advertisers to bypass user installed security extensions.