hulu

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
dfksadflkdsfljksadklf

Re: hulu

Post by dfksadflkdsfljksadklf »

i know i sound retarted i dont know how any of this works... where do you put those codes to block them and what is a whitelist?
LorenzoC

Post by LorenzoC »

To "put codes" you click on ABP icon - "preferences" - "add filter" (lower left corner).

A "whitelist" is the opposite of a "blacklist".
The blacklist includes items that have to be blocked/hidden, the whitelist includes items that are allowed.

The typical use in ABP is:
1. you block everything that comes from the address "adserver.com" ( ||adserver.com^ ).
2. you write an "exception" so "adserver.com" is allowed on site "example.com" ( @@||adserver.com^$domain=example.com )
phly95

Post by phly95 »

MonztA wrote:To change content is not a task for Adblock Plus.
I know but I believe it could become one in future builds of ABP. Who said ABP is done with development? (ans: no one)
-phly95-

Post by -phly95- »

When can the ABP team finally fix waiting for 30-60 secs every ad?

Re:

Post by Guest »

Mud wrote:How do I unblock Hulu? I prefer short ads to 30 seconds of nothing. What do I change to unblock Hulu without unblocking any other ads?
Now, the ads are getting really long, I think I'd prefer 30s of nothing than 1-sometimes even 2 whole minute of Chrome and/or Critiron Collection ads.
phly95

Post by phly95 »

In fact, the ads are getting so long, having a blank screen actually makes the waiting time a shorter (and very rarely longer, no more than 15s longer when they are sometimes shortened by 1 min) Hulu is getting really stupid with their ad model. Can't they just switch to "clutter" ads so we don't have to wait so long?
phly95

Post by phly95 »

To keep the wait times down for hulu, please add these 2 exception rules to easylist:
@@||ads.hulu.com/*.swf
@@||ads.hulu.com/*fps*trimmed*.flv

It works! try it!
Random

Post by Random »

how do i add filter to easylist and fanboy????? it wont let me add! D: im new to this so please help me
vinny86

Post by vinny86 »

you cannot modify subscriptions.
you need to add them to your custom filters.