hulu

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
marko

hulu

Post by marko »

Can Anyone figure out how to completely blobk the ads in the videos for hulu.com? It used to work with the filters:
http://*.lightningcast.com/*
http://www.adtology*

Now I get a message saying that the program is brought to me from hulu's advertising partners. Any suggestions?
cxseven

Post by cxseven »

My guess is the message is built into the viewer .swf. One way to get around it would be to maybe substitute the old viewer for the new one, but that would probably require more than adblock.

Does anyone have an idea about how to do that?
Adblock Plus Fan

Post by Adblock Plus Fan »

Can't access the movies because I'm outside the US, or so they said. Sorry, can't help.
rick752

Post by rick752 »

This one seems to run on "time" ... so although the ads are blocked, the allocated ad time still runs.
Fennrahn

Re: hulu

Post by Fennrahn »

marko wrote:Can Anyone figure out how to completely blobk the ads in the videos for hulu.com? It used to work with the filters:
http://*.lightningcast.com/*
http://www.adtology*

Now I get a message saying that the program is brought to me from hulu's advertising partners. Any suggestions?
I'm pretty sure that it's a part of the player, but you might be able to get rid of it with trial-and-error going through the blockable item list.
cxseven

hulu.com

Post by cxseven »

Someone should look into disassembling hulu.com's player.swf.
Floppie

Post by Floppie »

***** Flamebait and off topic removed *****
Last edited by Adblock Plus Fan on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Flamebait
Adblock Plus Fan

***** Offtopic and immature response removed *****
Last edited by Adblock Plus Fan on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Offtopic
boootaka

Post by boootaka »

Adblock Plus Fan wrote:Here's a thought, stfu. What I allow/disallow to waste my bandwidth / processor resources / cache space is my decision and nobody else's.
Wow, good to see we're all so mature and civil around here. He made a good point, and while what you do with your machine is your decision, what they do with their content is also their decision: if it no longer is profitable, they could easily just take it down. A significant number of people blocking their ads is obviously a way for them to lose revenue. If you want ad-free free stuff why not just hit up bittorrent or something else illegal?
Adblock Plus Fan

Floppie wrote:If everyone blocked those ads, they wouldn't get paid and you wouldn't get your free videos.
boootaka wrote:if it no longer is profitable, they could easily just take it down.
Seriously do I look like someone who cares?
If you people bothered to read the thread you hijacked you would know that I already can't see their crap, but do I really look like I care?
boootaka wrote:what they do with their content is also their decision
What I do with their content is also my decision. Sue me.
Kuromi

Post by Kuromi »

the situation with hulu has just gotten worse. now, instead of the 30 second black screen,it's back to regular ads. i was much happier with the generic message than seeing annoying ads for a honda i'll never buy. is there anything that can be done about this?
rick752

Post by rick752 »

I allowed the ads for the time being. It seems with the ads blocked, all of the breaks are 30 seconds long. By allowing the ads they are only 15 seconds long.

For now, 15 commercial breaks are much shorter than 30 seconds of dead space.
wiseass2147

Post by wiseass2147 »

I prefer the 30 second silence to the ads. right now however, i can't get the blocker to work on hulu. did they find a way around it? is there a filter i can install to block the ads again? Thanks.
rick752

Post by rick752 »

Code: Select all

.lightningcast.net/servlets/getPlaylist?*AdModel*hulu
Mud

Post by Mud »

How do I unblock Hulu? I prefer short ads to 30 seconds of nothing. What do I change to unblock Hulu without unblocking any other ads?