callbackhunter

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
elCT

callbackhunter

Post by elCT »

Recently I've got annoyed with one problem.
So callbackhunter is a widget that allows following the visitors to your website (it is usually used by internet-shops). If the visitor is "involved" (as they call it) the widget pops up and suggests inputting the visitor's phone number. The promise that a manager will call you in "just 26 seconds". And it really works. Sounds like a good business idea, right? It is a good idea and I think that the callbackhunter is going worldwide in just few months (now it works only for Russia, but a LOT of websites already uses it).
But here we have me and a lot more people who surf online shops just for window-shopping, reading descriptions, comparing products. Personally I have to work with many different sites of online shops. And the callbackhunter pops up up to 20 times a day that is really annoying and distracts me from work. Unfortunately, the Adblock won't block it, well, it will. But it pops up even if you can't see it and disallows you to use the website (it looks like the page goes dark and blurry). So, to close the widget you need to see the widget.
Please, dear Adblock Team, try to fix the problem. Although it is urgent only for Russia now it can go worldwide soon. And yes, I perfectly understand that the callbackhunter widget is not an ad, but still it wastes much time of many people.
Here is the site of Callbackhunter. http://callbackhunter.com/?lang=english
They have this castrated English version now and are going to make a fully-fledged one as far as I understand. To watch the widget just click "26 sec" in the top menu. It says "You have spent XX time on our site. Have you found what you have been looking for? YES|NO" in Russian. If you click either YES or NO they ask you to input your phone number and promise to call in just 26 seconds or sooner.
PS. Of course I would like to thank you for such a wonderful product. AMP is the only one add-on installed on my browsers.

OOPS, sorry. Wrong category. I hope moderators won't delete this post.
mapx

Re: callbackhunter

Post by mapx »

try this filter

Code: Select all

||callbackhunter.com/widget/tracker.js
Viktor Ivanov

Re: callbackhunter

Post by Viktor Ivanov »

About the widget popping up 20 times. It can beonly in 2 cases. If the owner of web-site has chosen the apperance of widget as Aggressive. It means it will be shown each time you enter the web-site. Originally it is set at Normal and will be shown to 1 Customer in 1 day. If to change it to Rare then you will see it only 1 in 1 month or can be set individually 1 in your life oreven 1 time for 1 network in life... Actually there are alot of settings of this widget.

The second possibility why you see it so oftenis when you switch-off cookies. Then callbackhunter can not remember you, sorry...