Yavli ads (promoted content from the web)

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
MichaelIsGreat

Re: "Promoted Content From The Web" unblockable ads

Post by MichaelIsGreat »

Here is the latest update list of sites that I had to block as of 05/19/2015. As you can see with my previous posts on this particular post as Michael123, this list has increased significantly but it should cover most links that need to be blocked:
||iunbrudy.net^
||topdi.net^
||boomsbeat.com^
||chiuawa.net^
||contentolyze.net^
||fuandarst.com^
||anomiely.com^
||polawrg.com^
||simusangr.com^
||jusukrs.com^
||xylopologyn.com^
||yuasaghn.com^
||wensdteuy.com^
||spereminf.com^
||frevi.net^

I might add a few more later on but I do not think I will have to add many more links to block.
mapx

Post by mapx »

what if you are using

Code: Select all

##[class^="__hinit __"]
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

ABP enthusiast wrote:I found the following solution on reddit to block the 'promoted content from the web' advertisements on this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/commen ... dding_ads/

BearsDontStack offered a solution by posting a screenshot link to their filter subscriptions.

https://i.imgur.com/anG72aJ.png

One of the users noted that adding "'Fanboy's Social Blocking List" seemed to do the trick.

It worked for me as well. However when I went to adblockplus's known subscription list, the "Fanboy's Social Blocking List" was be grouped under the filter subscription title, "Fanboy's Annoyances". Just add the Fanboy's Annoyances filter and that should block the promoted content from the web advertisements for you too!
I've been using Fanboy's Annoyances and yet still occasionally seeing these ads; my best guess is that these filters are being added to the Social Blocking List as they're posted in this thread.

With that said, here's the full list gathered in this thread, including the hiding filter that mapx suggested:

Code: Select all

##[class^="__hinit __"]
||flaurse.net^
||viewivo.com^
||frevi.net^
||exlpor.com^
||discvr.net^
||q3sift.com^
||qzsccm.com^
||zomri.net^
||lunio.net^
||contentr.net^
||topdi.net^
||hobri.net^
||iunbrudy.net^
||boomsbeat.com^
||xplrer.co^
||chiuawa.net^
||contentolyze.net^
||fuandarst.com^
||anomiely.com^
||polawrg.com^
||simusangr.com^
||jusukrs.com^
||xylopologyn.com^
||yuasaghn.com^
||wensdteuy.com^
||spereminf.com^
||spoa-soard.com^
||gotraffic.net^
||lia-ndr.com^
||batarsur.com^
||taboolasyndication.com^$third-party
||taboola.com^
I removed ||images.taboola.com^ because ||taboola.com^ made it redundant.

EDIT (7 May 2015) merged with MichaelIsGreat's list, removed ||a.batarsur.com^ because ||batarsur.com^ made it redundant; only four of the domains in his list were not already in mine.
Last edited by lewisje on Thu May 07, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
MichaelIsGreat

My latest sites re "Promoted Content From The Web" ads

Post by MichaelIsGreat »

As of 07/05/2015, here is my latest update list of sites that I have to block the malicious and very annoying "Promoted Content From The Web" ads. As you can see with my previous posts on this particular post as Michael123 and then as MichaelIsGreat, this list has increased significantly but it should cover most links that need to be blocked.
Unfortunately, what is very clear with this type of ads is that this list will continue to grow over time, as they create new sites continually I could say.
1) "Promoted Content From the Web" ads custom filter used with AdBlock Plus:
||iunbrudy.net^
||topdi.net^
||boomsbeat.com^
||chiuawa.net^
||contentolyze.net^
||fuandarst.com^
||anomiely.com^
||polawrg.com^
||simusangr.com^
||jusukrs.com^
||xylopologyn.com^
||yuasaghn.com^
||wensdteuy.com^
||spereminf.com^
||frevi.net^
||spoa-soard.com^
||gotraffic.net^
||lia-ndr.com^
||a.batarsur.com^
||batarsur.com^

I also have created two separate custom filters in AdBlock Plus that surely could be added with this list above but that I have created separately, they have the following links:
2) Taboola ads custom filter used with AdBlock Plus:
||taboola.com^
||images.taboola.com^

3) Outbrain ads custom filter used with AdBlock Plus:
||outbrain.com^
||outbrain.com^$third-party

These are the three custom filters that I currently use and have with AdBlock Plus.

The subscription lists that I currently use with AdBlock Plus and that I got at en/subscriptions are the following ones:
---EasyList
---EasyPrivacy
---Adblock Warning Removal List
---Malware Domains.
That is it.

---Concerning adding the "Fanboy's Annoyances" subscription list, I will not be using it because it blocks too many things that I do not want to block and that are not ads per se.
---Concerning using ##[class^="__hinit __"] , I cannot use it because I have no clues whatsoever what it blocks and what it does not block!! As the idea is to block things I do not want to see (ads) but NOT to block various things that are not ads but that are parts of the Internet experience.
terrorist96

Post by terrorist96 »

AdBlock Plus extension;
Chrome 64 bit;
Subscription Lists: EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Malware Domains, Social Blocking, Adblock Warning Removal List, Spam404 and Adware filters.
MichaelIsGreat

Latest sites re "Promoted Content From The Web" ads (05/30/2

Post by MichaelIsGreat »

As of 05/30/2015, here is my latest update list of sites that I have to block the malicious and very annoying "Promoted Content From The Web" ads. As you can see with my previous posts on this particular post as Michael123 and then as MichaelIsGreat, this list has increased significantly but it should cover most links that need to be blocked.
Unfortunately, what is very clear with this type of ads is that this list will continue to grow over time, as they create new sites continually I could say.
1) "Promoted Content From the Web" ads custom filter used with AdBlock Plus.
I also add at the bottom of this list the sites for both Taboola and Outbrain ads so that you can do a quick copy and paste and do not need to create separate filters for both the Taboola and Outbrain ads.
||iunbrudy.net^
||topdi.net^
||boomsbeat.com^
||chiuawa.net^
||contentolyze.net^
||fuandarst.com^
||anomiely.com^
||polawrg.com^
||simusangr.com^
||jusukrs.com^
||xylopologyn.com^
||yuasaghn.com^
||wensdteuy.com^
||spereminf.com^
||frevi.net^
||spoa-soard.com^
||gotraffic.net^
||lia-ndr.com^
||a.batarsur.com^
||batarsur.com^
||thiscdn.com^
||maningrs.com^
||aa.luadcik.com^
||boafernd.com^
||aaa.p7vortex.com^
||taboola.com^
||images.taboola.com^
||outbrain.com^

I also have created two separate custom filters in AdBlock Plus that surely could be added with this list above but that I have created separately, they have the following links:
||taboola.com^
||images.taboola.com^

||outbrain.com^

These are the three custom filters that I currently use and have with AdBlock Plus.

The subscription lists that I currently use with AdBlock Plus and that I got at en/subscriptions are the following ones:
---EasyList
---EasyPrivacy
---Malware Domains.
That is it.

---Concerning adding the "Fanboy's Annoyances" subscription list, I will not be using it because it blocks too many things that I do not want to block and that are not ads per se.
---Concerning using ##[class^="__hinit __"] , I cannot use it because I have no clues whatsoever what it blocks and what it does not block!! As the idea is to block things I do not want to see (ads) but NOT to block various things that are not ads but that are parts of the Internet experience.
fanboy

Re: Latest sites re "Promoted Content From The Web" ads (05/30/2

Post by fanboy »

MichaelIsGreat wrote:
Some say it blocks just enough, unless there is certain filters you don't like?
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Just FYI, if you have ||taboola.com^ then that makes ||images.taboola.com^ redundant: || means "this domain and all subdomains, whether on HTTP or HTTPS."

Also, ||outbrain.com^ makes ||outbrain.com^$third-party redundant, because without either the $third-party or the $~third-party option, the filter targets both first- and third-party content.

This means only the following filters are actually new and non-redundant, relative to the list I had:
||thiscdn.com^
||maningrs.com^
||aa.luadcik.com^
||boafernd.com^
||aaa.p7vortex.com^
||outbrain.com^

The post below me recommended this one too:
||aaa.exactly0r.com^
Last edited by lewisje on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
terrorist96

Post by terrorist96 »

AdBlock Plus extension;
Chrome 64 bit;
Subscription Lists: EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Malware Domains, Social Blocking, Adblock Warning Removal List, Spam404 and Adware filters.
corona79

Post by corona79 »

Add:
||tualipoly.net^
||duactinor.net^
||deuskex.link^
MichaelIsGreat

Latest links for "Promoted Content From The Web" ads 06/25/2

Post by MichaelIsGreat »

As of 06/25/2015, here is my latest update list of sites that I have to block the malicious and very annoying "Promoted Content From The Web" ads. As you can see with my previous posts on this particular post as Michael123 and then as MichaelIsGreat, this list has increased significantly but it should cover most links that need to be blocked.
1) "Promoted Content From the Web" ads custom filter used with AdBlock Plus.
I also add at the bottom of this list the sites for both Taboola and Outbrain ads so that you can do a quick copy and paste and do not need to create separate filters for both the Taboola and Outbrain ads.
||iunbrudy.net^
||topdi.net^
||boomsbeat.com^
||chiuawa.net^
||contentolyze.net^
||fuandarst.com^
||anomiely.com^
||polawrg.com^
||simusangr.com^
||jusukrs.com^
||xylopologyn.com^
||yuasaghn.com^
||wensdteuy.com^
||spereminf.com^
||frevi.net^
||spoa-soard.com^
||gotraffic.net^
||lia-ndr.com^
||a.batarsur.com^
||batarsur.com^
||deuskex.link^
||aaa.deuskex.link^
||taboola.com^
||images.taboola.com^
||outbrain.com^

||taboola.com^
||images.taboola.com^

||outbrain.com^

The subscription lists that I currently use with AdBlock Plus
and that I got at en/subscriptions are the following ones:
---EasyList
---EasyPrivacy
---Malware Domains.
That is it.

dan121

Post by dan121 »

As of today, there are the current rules I have to block "Promoted Content From The Web"
||aa.luadcik.com^
||aaa.p7vortex.com^
||anomiely.com^
||batarsur.com^
||boafernd.com^
||boomsbeat.com^
||chiuawa.net^
||contentolyze.net^
||cor-natty.com^
||frevi.net^
||frizergt.net^
||fuandarst.com^
||gotraffic.net^
||images.taboola.com^
||iunbrudy.net^
||jusukrs.com^
||lia-ndr.com^
||maningrs.com^
||mh.helotero.com/m30642
||outbrain.com^
||polawrg.com^
||simusangr.com^
||spereminf.com^
||spoa-soard.com^
||taboola.com^
||thiscdn.com^
||topdi.net^
||tualipoly.net^
||wensdteuy.com^
||xylopologyn.com^
||yuasaghn.com^
||deuskex.link^

I wish there was a way to block this at a deeper level. I know this is an ad service sites are specifically contracting with in order to bypass Adblock Plus.
mapx

Post by mapx »

peerblock:
forum/viewtopic.php?p=112528#p112528

or use the filter
##[class^="__hinit __"]
hahnchen

Re: Yavli filters

Post by hahnchen »

terrorist96

Post by terrorist96 »

AdBlock Plus extension;
Chrome 64 bit;