radioloyalty detects adblock plus in recent firefox versions

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
notsure

radioloyalty detects adblock plus in recent firefox versions

Post by notsure »

dearest adblock plus,

i'm so grateful for your program, and until 'recently' (the last, maybe, 5 versions of firefox), it was able to block ads for a site called "radioloyalty," where users enter a captcha code every 30 minutes to earn a small amount of money... it blocked the _multiple, intrusive, simultaneous_ video & audio ads that used to wreak havoc on my computer's performance, and even overheat it ...all while still allowing the pop-up to come up

then, with a firefox update...(adblock plus still works at blocking the ads, but) radioloyalty could now detect abp...

when i go back to older firefox (maybe version 31 or 30 still work, but it may be necessary to go back to 29 or 28), abp still works ...but it's hard to keep firefox outdated, and i worry about security by using an outdated browser, or that things will stop working properly...

in case u need to test it out, this happens when accessing radioloyalty thru, so far i've tried accessing it thru, swagbucks.com (at swagbucks it's under the "discover" menu at the top, under special offers, then click the "radioloyalty" tab, and i've also tried other programs like sendearnings & inboxdollars where it's under the "more" menu and then "radio")

if i've left out any information please just ask

i am just hoping and praying that one of the talented minds on your team can find a way to go back to get abp to go undetected again? and in the mean time, i might have to go back to an older ff (i'll try to go with the "latest" version in which abp is not detected)

hope u can help - love your program! :)
mapx

Re: radioloyalty detects adblock plus in recent firefox versions

Post by mapx »

well, you need accounts (on swagbucks for example) to go to that radio ...
so, submit an issue report and then post here the report's link
notsure

Post by notsure »

hi thanks for responding! :)

here's the link... https://reports.adblockplus.org/29e82ed ... 46998b9396
mapx

Post by mapx »

test this filter:

Code: Select all

@@||static.radioloyalty.com/rl/adtags/ads.js?*
notsure

Post by notsure »

hi there... please bear with me, how do i "test" that? (do u mean add it to the filters list? and if so, do i go to "filter preferences" and then do i have to put it under "custom," or, something different?) ...thank you for your help! :)
mapx

Post by mapx »

firefox:
click abp icon, filter preferences, "custom filters" tab, if you dont see any filters group create 1, then paste the filters above in the right panel (if you dont see the panel drag the vertical pointed line on the right to the left)

chrome:
chrome: click abp icon, options, "add your own filters" tab, add the filters 1 by 1
notsure

Post by notsure »

hi... it seems like abp is still getting detected, but it might be that i'm doing something wrong (maybe i can take a screen capture of the custom filters and u can tell if i added it wrong?) ...i hope it's okay, i made another report so u could get any new information (if i did bad by doing this, please let me know so i'll make sure to not to do it again)

i /think/ i restarted my browser after adding the filter, but in case i didn't, i can try again if that might make a difference

https://reports.adblockplus.org/d8d5797 ... 53382f1898

thank you so much for all your help...
fanboy

Post by fanboy »

Is it still being detected? If so, can you add the following filter and re-test?

Code: Select all

@@||ad4.liverail.com/|
notsure

Post by notsure »

hi... oh mygosh, i think with the second filter, it worked (abp blocking ads great, and not detected), in firefox!

i'll try it out in chrome tomorrow and post back - *fingers crossed!*

i hope you'll consider adding these filters to your default configuration, to help all the people who use radioloyalty, against the scourge of its numerous simultaneous video & audio ads,

& i wish i could spread the word about these filters to those who already use abp~

i want to thank both mapx and fanboy, for your FAST responses, dedication, and skill! ...i depend on RL to be able to earn a little money - thank you for making it possible for me to be able to continue... *heart*
notsure

Post by notsure »

hi :) okay, im sorry i took so long confirming for everyone the good news that mapx & fanboy's help ~work in chrome TOO~!

what had happened was (just want to mention in case it happens again),

i had changed my internet plan and, when i did so, my isp reset my connection...and right after that, abp started being detected,

but (i'm not sure what helped it), after a /few/ times of clearing history, closing and restarting the browsers (it didNT work the first time), it went back to working...

i don't know if the reset that was performed by my isp, created some kind of leak that allowed abp to be detected ...and if i were to have an intermittent connection - which may be an issue for other users - i dont know if abp would be detected after every interruption in the connection

thankfully my connection is seemingly stable (though in the past it was awful, constant interruptions) ...if it ever starts with the constant drop-offs, and if that affects abp, i'll post back and hope you all can help,

but for now...

you all have been just incredible!!! you all are, what support is SUPPOSED to be, and _other_ companies to whom people pay so much _hard earned_ money should be ashamed of themselves!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! your fan~ notsure