Adblock Plus DETECTED...website unusable

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
Triton

Adblock Plus DETECTED...website unusable

Post by Triton »

I have searched the forum for something similar and found nothing...hard to believe!!
For YEARS I have been frequenting a website to watch games online that are not
available in my area. Four days ago the site started checking for ad blockers and,
if found, overlays the visited page with something that makes it unuseable. I have
the latest version of Adblock Plus and latest Filter data. Below is the website
that has come into question:

http://www.vipleague.tv

What's the procedure to stop this site (and any others) from detecting that
Adblock Plus is in use?
nik312123

Re: Adblock Plus DETECTED...website unusable

Post by nik312123 »

You can click the ABP button, click Block Element, and click on the red as a temporary solution until others respond.
Triton

Post by Triton »

nik312123 wrote:You can click the ABP button, click Block Element, and click on the red as a temporary solution until others respond.

I had tried that earlier and now it DOES work by selecting popup element and blocking it, then selecting the page overlay and blocking it. I'm at a loss as to why doing that works now. However, each time the page is refreshed, or a new game window is opened, those elements must be hidden again because the website uses a variable for naming them. Over time, that's gonna add a LOT of elements to the list!
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »