Block cpalead.com

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
Hubird

Re: Block cpalead.com

Post by Hubird »

I've often wondered about Admuncher...

You just saved me the trouble of trying it out IceDogg, thanks... :wink:
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

No problem :) I had hoped to run it with ABP for things like that popunder page that couldn't be killed with ABP or seemingly any other Firefox Add-on (that I'm willing to install anyway), but it was just slowed pages down to much for me to tolerate. Of course YMMV
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

if it's slowing down pages for you, then something else is wrong on your end....

i too have a core2duo and there is zero slowdown, in fact pages open much quicker.

maybe it comes from using both adblock plus and ad muncher?

it should not be happening this way, try to contact them? (just like users report abp bugs here and at the other forum)
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

Marcus wrote:if it's slowing down pages for you, then something else is wrong on your end....

i too have a core2duo and there is zero slowdown, in fact pages open much quicker.

maybe it comes from using both adblock plus and ad muncher?

it should not be happening this way, try to contact them? (just like users report abp bugs here and at the other forum)
No other problems because I just went from Win7RC to Win7 RTM, so it's a fresh install. I had Firefox with all the settings and add-ons (very few) of course and Ad Muncher and MSE (which never has had an issue before) and that was it.. at first when I was testing. More is installed now.

Now it is fair that it might be from using both. That's a valid point...but I'm not going to give up using ABP not for any other app/add-on or anything. Fact for me ABP is the only truly Essential Firefox add-on. I have others I'd hate to live without. But If ABP was gone I'm not sure I'd still use Firefox at all.
smk

Post by smk »

why not implement the same html filter feature with abp?
this has been requested by so many people for such a long time and here it pops up again
I'm sure it won't slow page load times down too much
if it really does people will stop using privoxy
DM

Post by DM »

the link you need to block is randomly generated so iv found it hard to do a filter for it

before you start download Element Hiding Helper

next add this filter
http://www.cpalead.com/mygateway_iframe_loader.php*
make sure http://cpalead.com/mygateway.php is Not blocked
next open the adblock menu and click Select Element to hide (or ctrl+shift+K)
move the mouse around the page finding the largest red box possible (usually the whole screen) click and add filter rule
do the same thing again (you need to block two divs) The site should now be usable!

Note: the two divs have randomly generated ids so you have to block them EVERY TIME YOU RELOAD THE PAGE

enable scrolling with the bookmarklet from Wladimir Palant (nice one)

create new bookmark and paste code below into the location field

Code: Select all

javascript:void(window.dontscroll = function() {return null;})
if your a neat person be sure to remove the element hiding rules after leaving the page they wont work more than once so keeping them just fills up the prefs

enjoy 8)

--------
AdBlock - Taking back web control one page at a time
HotToTrot

Post by HotToTrot »

how is it a solution if the user has to do anything???

talk about epic fail.
DM

Post by DM »

HotToTrot feel free to fill out every survey you see from cpalead

of course if someone comes up with a rule for blocking the randomly generated divs that would be best
but imo 2 clicks is better than no solution
HotToTrot

Post by HotToTrot »

I searched this forum and found posts about ad muncher

i heard about it before but never tried it

cpalead is completely bypassed for me on every site

i don't have to do anything at all it's like magic

;p
radruler

Post by radruler »

MY GOD GUYS YOU ARE MAKING THIS TOO COMPLICATED

You need to add one exception and one filter to Adblock.

The Exception is @@|http://www.cpalead.com/*
The Filter is cpalead.com

The js is all on static.cpalead so the check will pass (gateweay.php) then nothing will load.

You should be using Greasemonkey anyways so install http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/66224 to finish the job.

YOU ARE WELCOME
HotToTrot

Post by HotToTrot »

That does not work. You obviously haven't visited a lot of CPAlead protected websites.

as for greasemonkey, must I install a new script for each new type of ad? that's madness.
Myth-X

Post by Myth-X »

i tried your way and it worked :)
i liked the bookmark trick, Lool :twisted:
thanks for sharing and hope that you liked my way too!
forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5238&start=0
dedi89

Post by dedi89 »

The only real 100% solution ive found, is downloading the HTML, removing the script tag, and then just viewing it. Often there is only a small embed you want to see behind anyway.

Sites like Block CPALead automate this.

The only issue being CSS and images arent relative, so they all get stripped away. But apart from that, when you just want to see whats behind, or watch the video behind it works fine.
housefull

Post by housefull »

getaudiofromvideo.com this website is got cpalead ad check it out it is not removed by adblock plus help me
antimatter15

Post by antimatter15 »

I made a bookmarklet which works on every site i've tested so far, it does do some agressive things such as deleting virtually everything imaginable from from the window[] object, cancelling all timeouts and intervals and hiding everything with a finite z-index that covers > 90% of the screen estate and un-hiding every element which has visiblility set to hidden. It doesn't depend on AdBlock so it works on other browsers too, I'm mainly a chrome user now and I miss the awesomeness of AdBlock plus, and from what I understand Chrome isn't able to do this kind of extension to the extent that Firefox allows.

Code: Select all

javascript:(function(){for(var a=window.innerWidth,b=window.innerHeight,c=document.body.getElementsByTagName("*"),d=c.length,e,f,g,h;d--;){e=document.defaultView.getComputedStyle(c[d]);f=e.getPropertyValue("z-index");g=parseInt(e.getPropertyValue("width"));h=parseInt(e.getPropertyValue("height"));if(g/a>0.9&&h/b>0.9&&f&&!isNaN(parseInt(f))){c[d].style.display="none"}}for(var i=0;i<1E4;i++){clearInterval(i);clearTimeout(i)}for(i in window)i!="location"&&delete window[i];var j=document.getElementsByTagName("*");for(d=j.length;d--;)j[d].style.visibility="";})()