Block cpalead.com

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
micheed

Re: Block cpalead.com

Post by micheed »

I'm trying to view www.webwwe.com
It worked before with Adblock Plus but now it doesn't and cpalead keeps popping up
How do I view the site?
Hubird

Post by Hubird »

Fixed in Fanboy's list.

You will still have the survey crap but ABP can not do anything about that but if you search the forums you may find a solution.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

micheed, have you tried ad muncher yet?

it's blocked CPAlead for me just fine, including on that site
micheed

Post by micheed »

Ad muncher works, but it's paid software. I chose the 30 day trial but is there any way to get a free version or a similar freeware software?
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

As far as I know ad muncher is the only ad blocker than can bypass CPAlead.
shiremono

Post by shiremono »

random wrote:In order to block the meta redirect cpalead uses, install NoScript and go to Tools->Addons->NoScript->Options->Advanced->Untrusted and check "Forbid META redirections inside <NOSCRIPT> elements"
Thanks random. It works fine on the site I watch free videos.
IceDogg

Post by IceDogg »

Firefox has not other extension (add-on) that blocks meta redirects that would work? Sorry I'm not a NoScript fan anymore.
MME

Post by MME »

Use the following Greasemonkey script to disable it:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/44667
foxyhighdragonflame

Post by foxyhighdragonflame »

simply disabling the java scripts seems to work fine.... no nagging cpa after i did this
helper

Post by helper »

go to get source (for mac) idk what it is for pc but get the source.
go to textedit or notepad and paste.
search for cpalead (command-f on mac)
delete the entire section with the cpalead part
save as html
unstellvorbar

Post by unstellvorbar »

This one works for me and it is free http://cpablock.pageya.com
Taz

Post by Taz »

I usually deal with these sites by finding another one. But I needed something off a particular site protected by CPAlead and got the OOPS page for ABP. No sweat, I figured, enabled NoScript. Got a new CPALead page.. OOPS! You don't have Javascript Enabled or NoScript is blocking java advertisements. Hmm.. They smaaaahhht.. But not as smart as me. If you right click on the NoScript icon, and go to Options.. Then click the Advanced tab, then go to the Untrusted tab. Enable the options "Hide <NOSCRIPT> elements", and "Forbid META redirections inside <NOSCRIPT> elements". Apply, refresh, and enjoy without that pesky CPALead warning.
Danny G.

Post by Danny G. »

Thanks Taz! Your method works pretty darn well. :D
uouniwea

solved [Re: Block cpalead.com]

Post by uouniwea »

there are few steps needed to be done in order to forbid cpalead to run.
-make sure you have administrator privileges
-download ccleaner.

1. close Firefox and other browsers and disconnect from the internet.

2. edit your HOSTS file.
start->run->type:
notepad "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" [Enter->]
add the following lines at the end:

#-------------------------------------Block Online Access to limiter script prevents surfing with ad-aware.
0.0.0.0 cpalead.com
0.0.0.0 www.cpalead.com
0.0.0.0 cpalock.com
0.0.0.0 www.cpalock.com
0.0.0.0 adscendmedia.com
0.0.0.0 www.adscendmedia.com

save the HOSTS file and close down notepad (if you can't save it, you must browse C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\ and remove the "ReadOnly" attribute from the file first.

3. clear your DNS cache.
start->run->type:
cmd [Enter->]

type:
ipconfig /flushDNS [Enter->]
wait till its done (couple of seconds), then close down the cmd window.

open-up ccleaner, select as many 'check-boxes' you can including all caches and cookies (with out password related ones), and run the cleaning process.

you are now actively blocking cpalead host.
no scripts or pages hosting on cpalead host could run on your browser, but we are not have finished yet..

4. you can connect to the internet now.

5. assuming you are already having adblock plus,
you will need to have greasemonkey addon, install it and restart your browser as needed.

6. browse http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/66224
select the install button and allow it to install, this script will run in order to remove cpalead adware and object on the page.

7. you will need the noscript addon too (install it from mozilla addon page).
after you finish restarting your website you will have the full control over scripts running in every page,
it might be a little tedious is the first few browsing attempts but its worth it.
open options->advanced->Untrusted tab,
enable hiding <noscript> elements,
also enable forbid meta redirection.

8. please notice:
some websites encode the entire page so the only thing loading is a cpalead javascript script,
cpalead is providing them a custom script that, regrettably, forcing you to run (but it won't since we've block it) a version of the website placed on cpalead servers, since this is the ultimate protection, evidently those websites can't be hacked or modified in any way (well.. the greasemonkey script might still run to remove some of the more rudeness objects) to browse this website peacefully, so might as well not..

if the amount of ads is not so bad you can allow the ads on this website only, and using another addon called platypus you can create a custom greasemonkey script by choosing the "remove" button from platypus toolbar, and removing every ad placeholder by hand (it takes couple of times to master this skill...), once you have cleaned the page as much as you can click the "save" button on the platypus toolbar, you will need greasemonkey addon in order for the script to be installed on your browser.
click install on the script install-dialog. the open up the greasemonkey scripts-manager.
you've notice your latest script at the bottom of the scripts-list, click it once and in the "including" area edit the website in the following pattern:
say you've made the script on http://some.website.com/software/page2?&f=2&t=3740
you might want to enable the script to run on all the pages in the website and not only on this one, so by trimming the URL and adding the "*" the script will have a wider range, for example here is a good example:
http://some.website.com/software/page*
this way the script will work on every page in the sub-section "software".
a more general example will be:
http://some.website.com/*
if you've got no idea what you should be edit it to be, trim the given url the the basic host and add the * at the end,
like this: http://some.website.com/*
this will enable you to view the website, while adaware is disabled, but still with no ads (as much as you can).

hope that helps.
Pseudomonas

Post by Pseudomonas »

Thanks a lot, these two Add-ons really work! (As BlockSite even helps with other problems, I finally decided to keep this one.)