Seattle Times Bottom Slider

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
AlAdblockPlus

Seattle Times Bottom Slider

Post by AlAdblockPlus »

I am new to Adblock Plus and have been trying without success to filter out sliders at the bottom of www.seattletimes.com. I don't think I know what I am doing.

If you go to the above website and click on two or three articles (wait for each article to fully load) eventually.....at the bottom left one of two sliders comes out: Either a "Like the Seattle Times on Facebook" slider or a "We hope you are enjoying your limited access....Subscribe" slider.

Could somebody PLEASE help me with filtering out this annoying garbage?

Thank you very much in advance.
mapx

Re: Seattle Times Bottom Slider

Post by mapx »

add

Code: Select all

seattletimes.com##.facebook-modal.active
seattletimes.com###modal
if you didn't install it yet, install EHH (element hiding helper) which works together ABP and allows you to simply create your own (hiding) filters.
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... idehelper/
AlAdblockPlus

Post by AlAdblockPlus »

Thank you so much!

I installed the add-on you suggested and will try to get rid of the "Our terms of service and privacy policy have changed" slider at the bottom left of cnn.com.

If I can't get it to work....I'll post back here.

Thank you again!
mapx

Post by mapx »

anyway, there is a special list which removes these annoying things: fanboy's annoyances
you can subscribe it here: en/subscriptions

be careful: the list already includes the social list (so if you are using it you have to remove it to avoid redundant filters)
AlAdblockPlus

Post by AlAdblockPlus »

Well.....I did it.

I had to keep hacking at the slider piecemeal. First the text went away, then the text in the header, etc. Finally, I was able to get to cnn.com##.user-msg. I deleted the other filters.....and this one STILL worked!

FYI...I had already installed the add-ons you suggest below....but they didn't work for cnn or the seattletimes.

Thanks again for teaching me how to do this.
mapx

Post by mapx »

well, it's a ...list and when a site has other annoyances you have to report them and a easylist author will add new filters to the list

You can report them directly at easylist support forum: http://forums.lanik.us/
or here:
forum/viewforum.php?f=2