BT.dk Blocks adblock+ users

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
zeonos

Post by zeonos »

seems like they ban you after X attempts with adblock installed. at least i could get to the page via a proxy (hidemyass).
benjohnson22

Post by benjohnson22 »

this anti-adblock thing is really spreading to a lot of sites..
Just because of Aidonline, they suddenly notices users are blocking ads. Even tho' we have been doing to for years.

All the fixes works for me.
Fantomas

Post by Fantomas »

Just tried janno.dk through a completely clean Chrome. Still get redirected. Maybe he does it through IP. He leaves no cookies, so that's not it.
Anyway, there's nothing interesting on his site apart from scam-like adds. And his means are most certainly nothing the major sites will implement.
zeonos

Post by zeonos »

Fantomas wrote:Just tried janno.dk through a completely clean Chrome. Still get redirected. Maybe he does it through IP. He leaves no cookies, so that's not it.
Anyway, there's nothing interesting on his site apart from scam-like adds. And his means are most certainly nothing the major sites will implement.
i think he IP Ban after 5 tries, not sure for how long, but using a proxy allowed me to view his site, both in firefox and ie, firefox with ab+ and the anti script for it.

but his has been the most effective so far. but now we know. maybe make some automated script, there check if we get a rejected page, and then it adds an exception on its own [my pc crashed here, but forefox saved everything I've wrote, thanks!], this would solve most of these sites.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

Fantomas wrote:Just tried janno.dk through a completely clean Chrome. Still get redirected. Maybe he does it through IP. He leaves no cookies, so that's not it.
He also checks the HTTP referrer, and if you come from adblockplus.org you get to the "AidOnline" block page. This happens even if you are using IE with no blocking, as I just tried.

Just remember to enter www.janno.dk directly (or block referrer) when testing whitelist rules for his block.

And yes... there really isn't anything of interest on the site, but janno.dk seems to be the most active one fighting APB.. :lol:
Fantomas

Post by Fantomas »

New "anti-script" at http://didaktonline.dk/aidonline-antiscript.php
The script changes everytime you generate it. Supposedly this should make it harder to bypass.
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

Fantomas wrote:New "anti-script" at http://didaktonline.dk/aidonline-antiscript.php
The script changes everytime you generate it. Supposedly this should make it harder to bypass.
I'm not sure what they are doing since there is a lot of javascript code at the bottom that people need to load (and they need to serve..), but they are using the block against googlesyndication.com in the filters.

Right now, this whitelist works on www.janno.dk and www.nielco.dk

Code: Select all

@@http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/abglogo/abg-da-100c-000000.png
I found this by resetting my counters and checking which ones got hit when entering the site (and being redirected).

Everyone, myself included, should have better things to do :-)
Fantomas

Post by Fantomas »

Haha. Nice. Still seems to be quite easy to bypass with the current version of AB. Thanks for taking your time, jesperl. I'm clueless when it comes to coding, so I very much appreciate all you guys' skills. :-)
jesperl

Post by jesperl »

Fantomas wrote:Haha. Nice. Still seems to be quite easy to bypass with the current version of AB. Thanks for taking your time, jesperl. I'm clueless when it comes to coding, so I very much appreciate all you guys' skills. :-)
Judging from the description at didaktonline.dk (in Danish), the general idea is to check via DOM that the ads are in the right place. Right now, it's the single ad that I have whitelisted above; yet they claim that their script is unique from site to site. They are not using the script.style.display check, like berlingske.dk does.

Let's hope that this stupidity does not catch on with the major Danish sites like berlingske.dk and bt.dk. Nobody cares about these minor sites, so working around their blocks is just for the fun of it. And when it's not fun anymore, we can just kill javascript on these sites with YesScript since the check is client-side :-)
Macy

berlingske.dk

Post by Macy »

Razuul wrote:berlingske.dk which is owned by the same company as bt.dk, have now made a sligthly more advanced method of blocking, see below.

The trick of turning collapsing off does not work any more.

<script type="text/javascript">var berlingske_media = false;</script>
<script type='text/javascript'>
var checkad = document.getElementsByTagName("script");
for(var i = 0; i < checkad.length; i++) {
   var script = checkad[i];
   if (script && ((script.getAttribute("src") != null && script.getAttribute("src").match("http://m-serving.com")) || script.style.display == "none")) { 
   parent.location.href = "/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/adblocker.pbs";  
   }
}

</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/script/adimage.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
if(!berlingske_media) { parent.location.href = "/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/adblocker.pbs"; }
</script>
adimage.js contains

var berlingske_media = true;
So it seems they try to get this js file caught in the filter.

Adding the exception @@adimage.js allows me to load the page again.

hello! i dont really know how these things work.. pls give me more info on how to unblock ads at berlingske.dk-been spending the whole day trying to unblock ads..pls help me. :(
jesperl

Re: berlingske.dk

Post by jesperl »

Macy wrote:hello! i dont really know how these things work.. pls give me more info on how to unblock ads at berlingske.dk-been spending the whole day trying to unblock ads..pls help me. :(
For berlingske.dk, bt.dk and business.dk (all Berlingske Media sites) you need to do two things

1) Uncheck ABP option "collapse blocked elements" (called "sammenklap blokerede elementer" in the translated Danish version)

2) Add this to your own filters (open preferences and click on "add filter")

@@/script/adimage.js
Berlingske can play cat and mouse with us and change the second check for ABP, and then you would have to add another whitelist filter, but they haven't done so for a couple of days. Other minor Danish sites are doing it, though.
Jakob

Tips to work around Berlingske.dk and BT.dk

Post by Jakob »

@Macy

I found out that I can work around those sites by changing the "filterabonnement" (what is the english word for it?).

Do like this: "præferencer -> filtre -> uncheck the filter "Easylist Germany (Deutschland) + Easylist"
(The filter I use is "Filter from Dr.Evil (Deutschland)". Wether that is the reason I cannot say ...).

Berlingske.dk og BT.dk - Gå hjem og vug!
jesperl

Re: Tips to work around Berlingske.dk and BT.dk

Post by jesperl »

Jakob wrote:Do like this: "præferencer -> filtre -> uncheck the filter "Easylist Germany (Deutschland) + Easylist"
(The filter I use is "Filter from Dr.Evil (Deutschland)". Wether that is the reason I cannot say ...).
This filter probably blocks elements containing "/adimage." which is what berlingske.dk exploits. They initialize a javascript variable to false, and attempt to download the file /script/adimage.js which changes the variable to true. If the variable is still false after this, they conclude that you are running ABP (since ABP with Easylist will block the download of the file that changes the javascript variable).

Just whitelist /script/adimage.js like I suggested above, and you are fine. There's no need to disable the entire filter subscription (Easylist).
zeonos

Post by zeonos »

arto.dk now has a notification pop up each time to view a page. telling you, that you have adblock+ or other blocking application.
MonztA
ABP Developer

Post by MonztA »

zeonos wrote:arto.dk now has a notification pop up each time to view a page. telling you, that you have adblock+ or other blocking application.
Use this for arto.dk:

@@.arto.*/adframe.$script