BT.dk Blocks adblock+ users

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList

Postby René » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:49 pm

Code: Select all
<script type='text/javascript'>
var checkad = document.getElementsByTagName("script");
for(var i = 0; i < checkad.length; i++) {
   var script = checkad[i];
   if (script && ((script.getAttribute("src") != null && script.getAttribute("src").match("http://m-serving.com")) || script.style.display == "none")) {
   parent.location.href = "/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/adblocker.pbs";
   }
}


The above code is invalid and no longer functional.
The only part that works is the style.display check.
AidOnline have altered there addon, so that it no longer uses a script tag.[/quote]
René
 

Postby Fantomas » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi,

Some guys at amino.dk (Danish website for entrepreneurs, primarily web-based) seem to have come up with a working block. I am being redirected to http://www.janno.dk/vi-siger-nej-til-aidonline.html when trying to access http://www.janno.dk/ which is a website owned by one of the guys discussing and working on the matter (of blocking) AB+.[/url]
Fantomas
 

Postby Trickster » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Fantomas wrote:Hi,

Some guys at amino.dk (Danish website for entrepreneurs, primarily web-based) seem to have come up with a working block. I am being redirected to http://www.janno.dk/vi-siger-nej-til-aidonline.html when trying to access http://www.janno.dk/ which is a website owned by one of the guys discussing and working on the matter (of blocking) AB+.[/url]


This is actually the same trick as the one Razuul mentions above.

Basically they set a javascript variable to one value, then call a javascript file named as one in the EasyList set which sets the variable to another value. Then they check the value of the variable and if it hasn't changed, they know that their javascript file hasn't been executed, most likely because of adblock.

As Razuul says, adding an adblock exception for the javascript file they call will undo the damage.
Trickster
 

Postby penthouseplayah » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Adding a exeption @@adimage.js doesn't work with me.
On neither bt.dk nor berlingske.dk.
Any suggestions?
penthouseplayah
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Postby Trickster » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:48 pm

penthouseplayah wrote:Adding a exeption @@adimage.js doesn't work with me.
On neither bt.dk nor berlingske.dk.
Any suggestions?

You also still need to go to Options and uncheck "Collapse blocked elements" as they have both types of detection active.

If everything else fails and they actually manage to find something we can't fight, adding the YesScript extention makes it possible to disable javascript altogether for an individual website.
Trickster
 

Postby wiggumdk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:51 pm

I just installed NoScript and afterward bt.dk and berlingske.dk worked perfectly.

I hope they choke on their blocking strategy.
wiggumdk
 

Postby Fantomas » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Trickster wrote:
Fantomas wrote:Hi,

Some guys at amino.dk (Danish website for entrepreneurs, primarily web-based) seem to have come up with a working block. I am being redirected to http://www.janno.dk/vi-siger-nej-til-aidonline.html when trying to access http://www.janno.dk/ which is a website owned by one of the guys discussing and working on the matter (of blocking) AB+.[/url]


This is actually the same trick as the one Razuul mentions above.

Basically they set a javascript variable to one value, then call a javascript file named as one in the EasyList set which sets the variable to another value. Then they check the value of the variable and if it hasn't changed, they know that their javascript file hasn't been executed, most likely because of adblock.

As Razuul says, adding an adblock exception for the javascript file they call will undo the damage.


I already have added the exception mentioned by Razuul. The @@adimage.js. It's not that I want to visit janno.dk, just figured he might have found a new way to block. I can't acccess his site, but have no trouble accessing the other blocked sites.
Fantomas
 

Postby Trickster » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:25 pm

Fantomas wrote:...

I already have added the exception mentioned by Razuul. The @@adimage.js. It's not that I want to visit janno.dk, just figured he might have found a new way to block. I can't acccess his site, but have no trouble accessing the other blocked sites.


Janno just uses a different file, which you then have to create an exception for:
Code: Select all
@@/ad-frame.js


The code for janno.dk looks like this:
Code: Select all
<script type="text/javascript">
  <!--
  var aok = false;
  //-->

</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/ad-frame.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
  <!--
  if(!aok) {
    top.location.replace("http://www.jannodl.dk/vi-siger-nej-til-aidonline.html");
  }
  //-->
</script>


Which is completely similar to part of the Berlingske and BT code....
Trickster
 

Postby Fantomas » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Ah, okay. Thanks, Trickster.
Fantomas
 

Postby Jakob » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:35 pm

Sorry for asking a stupid question:

Can someone please explain me - step by step - how I can add an exception-code to go around the websites that block Adblock Plus?
And which code I need to use?

Thx.
Jakob
 

Postby zeonos » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:45 pm

doesnt seem to work for me.

also, maybe he changed his code. but it look like

Code: Select all
<script type="text/javascript">
  <!--
  var aok = false;
  //-->

</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/ab/adimage.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
  <!--
  if(!aok) {
    top.location.replace("http://www.jannodl.dk/vi-siger-nej-til-aidonline.html");
  }
  //-->
</script>


ad-frame.js now looks like adimage.js without the extra dash.

i tried to add both to the exception, but doesn't seem to work.
zeonos
 

Postby jesperl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Apparently, janno.dk keeps changing the .js file

Try this:
Code: Select all
@@|http://www.janno.dk/*.js
jesperl
 

Postby zeonos » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:54 pm

jesperl wrote:Apparently, janno.dk keeps changing the .js file

Try this:
Code: Select all
@@|http://www.janno.dk/*.js


worked. thanks, those guys are getting pwned.. :) wonder what they come up with next.
zeonos
 

Postby zeonos » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:54 pm

or not, stopped working after a few refreshes.
zeonos
 

Postby zeonos » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:58 pm

think their site just broke, happens on a clean ie as well. the redirect to anti aid-online..
so guess we have to wait and see what happens.
zeonos
 

PreviousNext

Return to Filters for Adblock Plus

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests