Can't Block Certain Domain (On Newgrounds)

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
Toodles

Can't Block Certain Domain (On Newgrounds)

Post by Toodles »

ABP Version: 1.9.3
Chrome Version: 46.0.2490.71
Filters: AdBlock Warning Removal List, Easylist

When visiting newgrounds.com I get vertical banner ads that block the entire sides of the screen, and a friend gets that along with normal horizontal banners. The domain of the ads is mmo123.co (no other ads appear on the site). When I try to "Block Element" the page freezes. A friend waited and was able to unfreeze but I waited 5 minutes and it was still frozen.

I tried all of the filters below but none of them work. I can copy link address and add the individual ad links to the filter myself, but they seem to have a thousand different ads, so it's not helping.

mmo123.co
||mmo123.co
||mmo123.co^
mmo123.co/*
mapx

Re: Can't Block Certain Domain (On Newgrounds)

Post by mapx »

add

Code: Select all

@@||ngads.com^$script,domain=newgrounds.com
||cssimg.ngfiles.com/bg-skins
||newgrounds.com/support/support-ng0.gif
Toodles

Post by Toodles »

mapx wrote:add

@@||ngads.com^$script,domain=newgrounds.com
||cssimg.ngfiles.com/bg-skins
||newgrounds.com/support/support-ng0.gif

...Well that was surprisingly easy. Thank you. ^^
diclonious

Re: Can't Block Certain Domain (On watchcartoononline)

Post by diclonious »

im having the same issue but on watchcartoononline.com.any way that same filter can work for watchcartoononline? if so what exactly do i have to do and how does it work?
ColdFusion

Post by ColdFusion »

Ditto, same just happened to me on watchcartoon. More importantly, for the future, how does one decipher what to block? I went to blockable items, I tried inspecting-elements, nothing seemed to be the thing to block.
Toodles

Post by Toodles »

diclonious wrote:im having the same issue but on watchcartoononline.com.any way that same filter can work for watchcartoononline? if so what exactly do i have to do and how does it work?
The filter doesn't work on Newgrounds anymore. However I was able to block the ads by waiting about 2-5 minutes after using block element to click the ad. The page eventually unfreezes. But you need to do this for EACH INDIVIDUAL AD. When you refresh there will be more, but they stay away once you block each instance. You should never see the same picture twice.

What the ads appear to be doing is putting in a ridiculously long link (after blocking it and going to the ABP settings to look at the link, I was able to scroll to the right for an entire minute with no end in sight) that causes ABP to freeze up. And for some reason the domain itself can't be blocked through ABP even directly.
ColdFusion

Post by ColdFusion »

Impressive. I knew someday they'd find a way. Though I wonder why these ads aren't displaying on my other computer.
Also, can't we just block the intro wildcard to the urls? Or is ABP just choking to death on trying to even read the url?
mapx

Post by mapx »

newgrounds:

@@||newgrounds.com/ads/advertisement.js
||cssimg.ngfiles.com/bg-skins/
|http://www.newgrounds.com/*support$image
mapx

Post by mapx »

watchcartoononline:

||watchcartoononline.com/*bg$image
@@||watchcartoononline.com/advertisement.js
Joe777

Post by Joe777 »

mapx wrote:watchcartoononline:

||watchcartoononline.com/*bg$image
@@||watchcartoononline.com/advertisement.js
Ads are still there. Different ones than before with that filter, too!
mapx

Post by mapx »

provide page link where you see the ads, upload also screenshot(s) with the ads (use imgur.com form uploading, post here the link)
Joe777

Post by Joe777 »

mapx wrote:provide page link where you see the ads, upload also screenshot(s) with the ads (use imgur.com form uploading, post here the link)
Here is a screenshot of the page and url bar. The ads are on the left and right edges, and they are also different from before but still there nonetheless.
http://i.imgur.com/X1TJ25F.png
mapx

Post by mapx »

try this filter
||watchcartoononline.com/*/bg.jpg

still does not work:
right click the page, inspect, resources tab, click frames, click "watch...", click images, find the background image, when you get it see in the right panel the url address and post it here
Joe777

Post by Joe777 »

mapx wrote:try this filter
||watchcartoononline.com/*/bg.jpg

still does not work:
right click the page, inspect, resources tab, click frames, click "watch...", click images, find the background image, when you get it see in the right panel the url address and post it here
The filter you posted removed the background entirely but had no effect on the ads. The ads actually overlap that part of the background.
As for the background image are you referring to bg.jpg? If so this is the url I found there: http://www.watchcartoononline.com/wp-co ... ges/bg.jpg
mapx

Post by mapx »

if the background image is removed which are the ads you are talking about (in the image you posted) ?