Yahoo Mail autofill and load functionality

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
AFandAM

Yahoo Mail autofill and load functionality

Post by AFandAM »

Everyone's favorite punching bag has once again affected me, and this time I was not able to research a fix. This began several days ago, for no apparent reason.

When I click on <Compose> to create an email, the autofill does not work. Sometimes when Yahoo mail should return to the inbox, I get a blank screen where the inbox should be, and need to reload the page to get my inbox back.

I have updated filters, tried every custom filter I could find, reset Firefox, reinstalled everything, and the only way I can get Yahoo mail to work properly is to disable ABP.

I have scoured this forum for this problem, which I found solutions for, but none of those solutions work now.

Does anyone have any options I can try that I may not have found in my searching?
picha

Re: Yahoo Mail autofill and load functionality

Post by picha »

I've the same problem with adblock and yahoo ...
resident

Post by resident »

I also have this and other have similar problems in Windows7 - but not in Windows10 (I use Firefox 43).

This is what happens in Yahoo Mail Inbox:
1) When I click on an email in the Inbox, the email shows (obviously).
2) But when I delete or move the email to a folder I am supposed to get back to Yahoo inbox.
3) Instead the inbox space is empty, the email list does not load, and if I click on SENT or other folders they are also empty, I have to reload the page to get the Inbox back.

The problem goes away if I turn ABP off.
griffon4

Post by griffon4 »

Same problem. Running FF w/ABP on both LinuxMint 17.3 and Win10 and experiencing the problem in both places.
mapx

Post by mapx »

I can't reproduce the issue in FF 44, ABP + easylist, windows XP.
When you can reproduce it just when you get the blank page submit an issue report and post here the report link.
roberta

Post by roberta »

Good Day, :)

Please help.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox ESR 38.6.0
Adblock Plus v2.7.1
Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus v1.3.6
AdBlock Plus: Issue report for us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com (Submitted about 9 days ago): https://reports.adblockplus.org/a84da3b ... b=requests

I am also having problems with Yahoo email & AdBlock Plus.
If I disable AdBlock Plus the problems disappear.

Thank you very much,
Roberta
fcowie

Post by fcowie »

I also have this problem. Started about a week ago. Most annoying. I suspect Yahoo has put a bug in to do this; it's well known they disapprove of ad blocking. I've updated everything, and nothing helps except turning off ABP. I've searched all over the web for a fix; nothing. I'm going to try using another mail problem to access y-mail. Will let you know how it goes.
fcowie

Post by fcowie »

fcowie wrote:I also have this problem. Started about a week ago. Most annoying. I suspect Yahoo has put a bug in to do this; it's well known they disapprove of ad blocking. I've updated everything, and nothing helps except turning off ABP. I've searched all over the web for a fix; nothing. I'm going to try using another mail problem to access y-mail. Will let you know how it goes.
Mac Mail worked fine -- though of course it has its own problems (incl. lousy spam filtering). But address book works again (autofil) and msgs don't disappear. No ads, either.
bruceb

Post by bruceb »

Yahoo email has not always loaded properly in the last couple of weeks.
Using url: https://us-mg4.mail.yahoo.com
Sometimes, it will not fully fit the screen Vertically ... a large white area at the top of the email home page.
Horizontally it is fine. I have submitted a report or two through Ad Block, which shows how it is looking.
Disabling Ad Block will restore it to the way it should be, but then ADS are back as well as
Yahoo's idiotic, Today, Yesterday, Earlier mail tags, that just about nobody wants or needs.
It would be nice if the Ad Block Filters could be more adaptive to getting rid of these tags. Right now you have to
manually block the element by using information from here:
http://www.emailquestions.com/threads/h ... box.10730/
Clearing out the Yahoo Cookies also sometimes restores it, but it is a hassle to do that every time I open
up Yahoo Email each day.
bruceb

Post by bruceb »

An added note to the AdBlock team:

On the Yahoo Email the part that is causing the Large White Area above where
the unread emails are displayed is being caused by a Large Banner Ad from
TurboTax ... needless to say, this is getting annoying at having to clear the
Cookies, History and in some cases, Disabling Ad Block, and then reloading
Yahoo Mail and renenabling Ad Block ... some one has got to find a more
permanent solution to this annoyance ... And I have submitted a report
via Ad Block showing the issue, but so far, I do not think it has be corrected.
Chalks

Post by Chalks »

Had a similar issue - open email from Yahoo mail inbox, read email, return to inbox but inbox (and sent email tab etc) fails to reload leaving a blank window instead of a list of emails - None of the tabs down left hand side work any more. Started a few weeks ago. I switched off the EasyPrivacy filter list in ADB (other filters left running) and now all works fine, so for me there is a problem in this particualar list or the way Yahoo have coded their pages to sabotage it .... I use Firefox latest, Win 7-64. Cheers - Chalkie