strange new issue, watchseries.lt

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
spacedebris

strange new issue, watchseries.lt

Post by spacedebris »

Ok, I spend quite a bit of time streaming videos from http://watchseries.lt

Now when I first started, every click on a page would link to a page other than where it said it was sending me. Most containing viruses. I discovered that there must have been invisible ad's or links over the actual links. I installed ABP and bingo, the problem was gone. Now links worked as intended. Ok flash forward to now. Now when I click on a link (using firefox 43.0.4) instead of opening the link in a new window (window 2). It opens an identical new window (new window 2 is same as current window 1 http://watchseries.lt) and current window (window 1) changes to another "Ad" page. Pages asking me to update java, or update flash, or some other software update. All of which my AV flags as "dangerous". Now in the new identical window (Window #2) looks like where I started and now the links work fine.

Then when I move to the next episode, the whole process starts over. window 1 click link, opens window 2 that is exactly where I started in window 1, and window 1 becomes an "Ad" with scams/virus. Now I know they have virus's because I fell for them years ago. I have not fallen for that again. I do not click anything in the new window and the few that were flagged by my AV get blocked before opening.

I have already scanned for virus's twice. Once with an AV that I keep on the computer and again from an AV saved on a DVD so that I know it cannot be changed/infected. I know it is a clean version of the AV. I have also scanned in the same manner with Anti malware software. Once with the one on the computer and once with the one on the DVD. Oh, I should mention that it was two different AV's and AM's. AVG, and Symantec. Malwarebytes and Ad-aware. So there is no question I do not have anything infecting my computer.

All of this started about 3 days ago. (today is 1/24/16). Now All I can think of is..

1. there is an ad or something that ABP is missing.... or
2. these websites have found a way around popup/ad blockers

Any chance that ABP is aware of this and doing something about it?
mapx

Re: strange new issue

Post by mapx »

add this filter

Code: Select all

@@||comeadvertisewithus.com^$domain=watchseries.lt
if still in trouble provide an example link / page / video
spacedebris

Re: strange new issue, watchseries.lt

Post by spacedebris »

That worked perfect. Thanks. I checked on multiple computers all running ABP and all had the same issue. This fixed on all of them. Strange that it all started all of a sudden. Thank you for your help, we really appreciate it.
spacedebris

Post by spacedebris »

Ok back again. The problem has returned. I go to watchseries.it and ANY link that you click will open a new page identical to the one you are on and the current page will move to an ad. So far the ads have been for chats with an adult web site, update java, update flash, virus infecting your computer, and a few others.

I dont need to give an example page as it happens on EVERY link from watchseries.it

every show, every link to home, help, search.....EVERY page does exactly the same thing.

Now a month ago the filter given by mapx (thanks by the way) worked great. Now I dont know how mapx found that one but if anyone could educate me so that I know how to fix the current issue and any others that pop up in the future I'd appreciate it. Apparently watchseries is working on getting around APB and it is giving me fits. Thanks
mapx

Post by mapx »

see if helps

Code: Select all

@@||thankyouforadvertising.com^$script
spacedebris

Post by spacedebris »

yup that did it, thanks again.

If you dont mind, how did you either know that was the one? or figure it out? And how did you find it. Or did you just make it? I ask so that I may be able to help myself if this happens again.