Stopping redirects to other page in domain

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
Duvenel

Stopping redirects to other page in domain

Post by Duvenel »

I'm trying to stop getting re-directed to this page http://designtaxi.com/announcement.html when I should be getting to for example http://designtaxi.com/news/381412/Watch ... n-Quickly/. This site only aggregates content from other original content sites and is now charging people for the privilege. I've tried to get around their redirects before but I haven't managed to since they implemented this new one.
mapx

Re: Stopping redirects to other page in domain

Post by mapx »

test these filters

Code: Select all

@@||designtaxi.com$script
||designtaxi.com/js/interstital-redirector.js?*
Duvenel

Post by Duvenel »

Thank you for your help, I had been using the second filter you gave earlier this year and it seemed to work for a week before it no longer did. I didn't realise that there was a script flag, this seems to have gotten rid of the initial re-direct to the paywall.

There is now only the problem where before the site created the first re-direct, they had another timed ad re-direct before getting to the desired page. After some quick tests I managed to sometimes get the desired page to start loading in before the timed ad would appear and other times the ad would appear first. This isn't a huge deal for me as this was what I had been putting up with before they added a paywall but I would be interested to know if there was a way to remove the timed ads as well.
mapx

Post by mapx »

I provided 2 filters, did you add both to your ABP ?
The first is to defeat the anti adb trick, the second seems to remove the page with skip ad crap.
It works for me. Remove your other custom filters for that site, add my filters, test again.
Duvenel

Post by Duvenel »

I had included both of the filters but I'd left one of the old ones I had been using for the site in still. Removing it seemed to do the trick, many thanks again :)
Duvenel

Post by Duvenel »

I was trying to browse through this site again today and it seems that whatever filters I had in place yesterday no longer seem to work and the paywall is back, I haven't changed anything so I'm assuming it's something similar to the first time I tried to get around the timed ads and it worked for a day before breaking again.

I'm not sure how to get around this anymore or if it's even possible to with ABP. Any further help would be appreciated.
mapx

Post by mapx »

it's working for me

clear cookies for the site, dont use any other blocking addon / extension