ABP HULU PROBLEMS

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
QuiGonJohn

ABP HULU PROBLEMS

Post by QuiGonJohn »

When I first started using ABP (early January) it worked great on HULU. Almost all ads were blocked, every so often one would play.

Now, (for the last couple of weeks), almost every show I watch on HULU at some point I get the video ad blocked that actually shows just a BLACK SCREEN, with Hulu's countdown timer. But it DOES NOT count down and I have to close Firefox, reopen, then disable ABP on Hulu to watch the show. This is WORSE than ads getting thru once in a while. The only reason I have not taken to keeping it disabled all the time on Hulu is to test if maybe the problem has been fixed. But invariably, I hit the same wall and my viewing gets delayed longer than just leaving the ads on.

Can anyone PLEASE help fix this????
Last edited by QuiGonJohn on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lewisje

Re: ABP HULU PROBLEMS

Post by lewisje »

I'm surprised that it ever worked on Hulu, I mean the Flash application is so well designed that it refuses to play the content if the ads don't load.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.
jonnymoon96

Post by jonnymoon96 »

this you probably do not want to hear but if you want an ad free experience at hulu you will have to pay $12 dollars per month

i have researched hulu ad blockers either they don’t work or they are abandoned projects
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

Thanks for the feedback. I wonder why it worked so great when I first installed ABP. After a week or so, it blocked a few less ads than at first, but after another week or two, this problem started.

Any way to try it with a different browser that may block better?
QuiGonJohn

Post by QuiGonJohn »

I thought I read in one post on the forum here, an alternative to Hulu. Another website where one can watch recent episodes of current TV shows and that site supposedly did not have ads.

Does anyone know of this and can you let me know?

Thanks!
lewisje

Post by lewisje »

Well there are plenty of pirate streaming sites out there, but for legal streaming, usually if it's available on Hulu, it isn't available on a free and ad-free service.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.