How to hide certain links in a website?

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList
cookies

How to hide certain links in a website?

Post by cookies »

For example, I want to hide certain links on the homepage of a website. However I have been trying to get it to detect strings and hide the link... but that doesn't seem to work (probably because the main homepage I don't really know which is the actual source code because it has too many)

On the link itself, there's a <title> tag, a <meta name="description"> tag and so on. Does anyone know how to do it? I apologise if I sound vague
Thanks!
mapx

Re: How to hide certain links in a website?

Post by mapx »

Provide example pages, what links you want to hide, browser version, ABP version

If firefox you can use EHH (element hiding helper) to create your hiding filters: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... idehelper/
if chrome click ABP icon, "block element", select the area you want to hide / block and you'll get a window with new filters
lewisje

Re: How to hide certain links in a website?

Post by lewisje »

Right-click the link and click "Inspect Element" or "Web Inspector" or something similar; you should find that it's in an {b}a{/b} tag with a href attribute that equals the URL that the link goes to; then you can make a filter like example.com##a[href*="//example.net"]

You can't hide by strings of text on the page, however, because you cannot select such a thing with a CSS selector, and that's the only syntax permitted for hiding rules.
There's a buzzin' in my brain I really can't explain; I think about it before they make me go to bed.