Youtube Ads UNAVOIDABLE?

Posting here is no longer possible, please use the forum of a filter list project, such as EasyList

Re: Youtube Ads UNAVOIDABLE?

Post by Guest »

lewisje wrote:I've always just used ABP with the Fanboy Ultimate subscription...
What is the Fanboy Ultimate subscription and where can I find it? >.<
LokeyO'malandro

Re: Youtube Ads UNAVOIDABLE?

Post by LokeyO'malandro »

DWA wrote:
asdf wrote:come on, spas. There are no ads on youtube that require anything other than adblock plus to prevent them. If you can't figure it out, that's your inability, not the extension's. I have no problem blocking all ads on youtube and watching any video I want. You can't block google ads on youtube? What an amateur.

Pro-tip checklist for killing youtube ads:

google$third-party,domain=youtube.com

doubleclick$domain=youtube.com

block any object_subrequest items from any subdomain of youtube.com that is not /crossdomain.xml

Block any first-party flash or script from youtube.com except object_subrequest from *.c.youtube.com (||c.youtube.com$~object_subrequest)

|http://s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/ad-

Actually, anything from s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/ is uncessary. Video players come from /yt/swfbin/

Block all non-images from every other domain of ytimg.com.

DONE. ADS ARE GONE.

----

Also, greasemonkey has a beta that is compatible with firefox 4. Even so, there is a fork of greasemonkey called Scriptish, which can be found at amo, that was created months ago specifically to be firefox 4 compatible, and has other enhancements.
These are the type of answers given by tech savvy people who have forgotten what it's like when you first start out with this stuff. It's pretty much gobbeldy-goop to me. If you don't have patience with new people, how do you expect them to learn...

Just my opinion but I'm entitled to it.

He made it super easy for you, I don't know almost anything about computers but I simply right-clicked on the ABP icon, went to 'Options', from there I went to 'Add your own filters', then because I am paranoid I clicked the 'Adblock Plus Filter Syntax' hyperlink to make sure what he was saying was kosher, it appeared to be so then line by line I copied and pasted the filters he listed into the box and BAM!!! No more ads! I'm super stoked, maybe I should learn something about computers and start charging schlubs like you guys cause that was very easy; even without his instructions there are directions on how to use ABP in the hyperlink I mentioned.